Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 18, 2021.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

id...jpg [QUOTE = "Paul Jeffrey, post: 1056466, member: 45240"] Se acaba de publicar una segunda actualización de revisión que tiene como objetivo resolver los problemas gráficos encontrados dentro del Sistema de Competencia.

ID de compilación del cliente: 6106301
    ID de servidor dedicado: 6106303
    - Revisión para fallas gráficas de vehículos
    Disponible la próxima vez que reinicie el cliente Steam. [/ QUOTE]

ID.- IT DOES NOT MATCH!!! , OR SHOULD I LOOK ELSEWHERE? id...jpg

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  2. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Ive been saying this, but apparently it only happens if you have clouds in the sky...
    Do you get the burnt white with no clouds in VR?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Thank you very much all correct ..... the question was because previously it was looked at in game properties in steam, thank you very much

5. Clemenca

Clemenca Registered

Last weekend my team drover 2,5h without any problem, today with new client and server build we had serveral disconnects, not very funny

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

It seems you aren't aware of how autoexposure works. It's simply how the exposure adjusts from the cockpit view based on the position of the car realtive to potential light sources and the intereference of occluders. It's most noticable when you drive out of a tunnel in real life and your eyes have to adjust. For trackside cameras this is irrelevant. The concept is realistic, but just needs some finetuning as the exposure levels are too extreme and happen too abrupt. So it's to be expected that the autoexposure will make the surroundings alot brighter if you are racing towards the sun or darker if the sun is behind you.

The Ligier bug is car dependend. When you drive the Ligier other cars will be rendered at lowest quality, missing undercar shadows and even body parts and windows. So that is not connected to the new build but the car itself.

I haven't tested the newest build but I hope that they can resolve the issues fast, because it seems there are quite a few different issues for many users right now. Might also be well worth to fix the stuff that was reported after the cars got released so that people don't get confused with what they are actually reporting.

7. clark10

clark10 Registered

we had a multiplayer race for our league this evening official S397 Content ( Porsche Cup @ lochdrumond ) we were 33 drivers
    it has been a disaster . numerous freeze , disconnection, white screen issue

every thing were going fine until yesterday update ...

McFlex, Agahnim, pitchkousn and 4 others like this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

no, no no. The old UI is done. They will not add anything to it from this point forward. You can continue with older content, but the DLC cars and tracks, at some point, may receive updates that will prevent the old UI from using them.

9. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Is it time questions start being asked about the Studio397 testing team? Seriously if my team released a piece of software with this many issues we'd be dragged over the coals and serious questions would be asked about what our testers are actually doing.

I've not posted here for a while as I'm massively disappointed with how rF2 has gone over the last year. This whole thread is like some sick joke and I really can't believe what I'm reading.

Was any testing actually done on these releases? It certainly doesn't look like it.

10. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I live in Central Texas. Florida weather is pretty similar, but actually more humid. The sun is about ready to set, and already for Florida, a temp of 73 deg isn't very warm at any time of year. The sun being that low, provides almost no heating of the ground or air. Here in Texas, peak heat is always about 4pm to 5pm even in dead of summer when its 100+ deg. Heat dissipation will vary with what is being reflected back up from the ground; here in Texas in the summer it can still be 90 deg at 10 or 11pm just because of the heat being reflected from the ground. But that is not likely to be happening at 73 deg and sunset at about 7:30pm. Further, having cloud cover will help retain heat, and at this point, there is none so heat will leave quickly. At this time of year in Texas, it'll get to 70 deg by 4pm but it'll lose 20 deg by 7pm once the sun goes down at 5:30-6:00 pm, and its often clear blue skies here. Humidity will hold some of that heat. But increase in temps? Nah, won't happen often and it would only do so with a sudden blast of hot humid air.

11. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

This is exactly my point. There are several issues with the content anyway; and that'll be confounding what people are reporting about the apparent changes in autoexposure. That is much more extreme than it was - the change that happens when you face the sun or the reverse, and so its directly attributable to the build. I didn't say it shouldn't happen, I said it was extreme. So they have several things they need to fix; several of these are known issues that have been there for a while as you state, and I did say with the Ligier have been previously reported. When you have inconsistency from content to content, it can be difficult to isolate the code change impacts and sometimes its impossible for the lay user to distinguish what is happening. Hence, I report all conditions, settings, content etc. rather than just stating "it's messed up".

davehenrie likes this.
  12. yashiman

yashiman Registered

Thank you hotfix2:)

We have confirmed that skin transfer is working correctly in the old UI.
    But the new UI still does not work properly.

13. Sento Siete

Sento Siete Registered

We have cancelled a race tonight because every minute some drive has a shutdown of the game. Until sunday everything goes right, since then, first yesterday big freezes and today the random shutdown:(

14. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

No problem, it just seemed that you were expecting autoexposure to work for track side cams in replays. Maybe I misunderstood your post a bit, so appologize if that's the case.

I think it's quite obvious that quality control needs to be improved. It opens the question if there is actually a dedicated test team that actually does what a testing team is supposed to do: trying to break the build and test the content thouroughly. Or if the test team is big enough and in line with the ever growing complexity of the product and growing amount of content. I mean, the Ligier bugs were quite obviously noticable after two minutes on track and I would have expected a hotfix for something like that a bit sooner than new features like autoexposure, wich brings a new set off issues with it. But that's just my uneducated external view on the subject after working for ten years in a mod team that had a quite big test team, so for professional studios I would expect even better and more QA to spot potential issues. Are the testers working with checklists when testing new content or features and are they using bug trackers effectively? Anyway, just throwing this around as I have no idea how the testing works for rF2.

Ernie likes this.
  15. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

I am an absolute fan of rF2. And a member of RFR-O (French League). Tonight, first round of a championship with the Porsche Cup..... A real disaster : all white screen, disconnection, white cars, crash servers, etc... A shitty evening! A lot of drivers come from other sims and you have to keep them. Please, S397, make a game without crashes, misery and other disasters.

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

oh noooo. thank you, sad, the old UI is better than the new...
    So I have made a copy of my rF2 folder, if there is an update that prevent to use the old UI, I could easily reverse to the previous content version.

davehenrie likes this.
  17. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

you can just opt in the old ui on steam beta tab...no need to bkp folder.

EDIT
    So funny thing is that now we have new UI which is still in beta, which was forced on us because of competition system which is also still in beta (if not alpha) and all that results now in unplayable game. Nice one.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes, if an update of any content is bad....I can easily reverse with my prefered version (like for Nordschleife)

19. Havner

Havner Registered

I already did and will repeat this again here:
    From what I can figure out by their MO they don't have a QA team.

GTE Update - January 2021, post #28

McFlex and juanchioooo like this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

massive crash from three different servers, white screen, freezing, crashes, they will make the old interface a marvel ... because the new one is a pittance