Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Jan 18, 2021.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

Why to do this so difficult?
    Why not to write the version number of the exe when compiling?
    Then we can do right click on the exe and see it in Properties.

Havner likes this.
  2. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

crashing to desktop once time lemans 2020 ginetta lmp1 I tried again and the game didn't crash,The cab lighting is now good with a normal 27 ins display it was far too dark before,
    now the brightness is the same in all cameras.and it's good that the reflections on the wet road work again though for nordshleife and spa tracks could increase the reflections on the trees just like on a lemans track which looks really great almost like a real track

3. clark10

clark10 Registered

Andy Bonar likes this.
  4. lagg

lagg Registered

It seems that the join lags are solved with the last update.
    Thank you

5. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

I would've really liked ifyou couldve taken the time to read properly what I posted before assuming I was saying something else.
    FIY, I have been playing this game for quite some time, and am very aware of the long loading times, so I do load the track before joining in Cs, always. Ctd is Crash to Desktop, no DC.

Lazza likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That message was not meant just for you.('we should ALL) I posted a generalized hint that everyone reading your topic 'might' benefit from. As far as CTD, I am quite aware of it's meaning and have experienced just such an event last night after a qualifying session was completed. The latest hotfix sent out on the 19th of Jan. 'may' address that.

7. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

My bad, but yeah u shouldn't have quoted me :p
    Judging by discord, the freezes are gone, but there are some other problems Now

davehenrie likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can confirm Bruno's comments from Discord, The hotfix may have cured the join lag, but has created other problems(or not solved existing issues)

Some big graphic problems at the start and then another CTD after about 5 minutes. Unable to rejoin. Using the ALPINE mod. When I first connected, on the garage monitor, there was a repeating pattern of flashing colors totally obliterating the screen. Then, when I jumped in the car, the view was clear. At race start, when I first appeared ontrack the view was still good. But after a few seconds(I assume when someone with a red/black custom skin joined) my windscreen was again totally filled with the flashing colors. Another racer typed he could not see. As the race started, the graphic corruption cleared up and the race began. I saw somebody off to the side so I'm assuming that was the other guy regaining control of his car. Race ran fine(although with a kerfuffle at the last turn) til suddenly my screen went blank. A quick image of the garages and then back out to the Comp System menus. At the start I did notice there was somebody waiting for the next available slot, I'm assuming he did not get out of the garage in time to make the race, but there was no lag when that announcement was displayed.

9. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I like the brightness in the cockpit.

Though I just had a game crash in a AI qual round at Zandvoort2020 with the A110 GT4 mod.

Edit: and afterward there was a hotfix in steam....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

A second hotfix update has just been released that aims to resolve the graphical issues encountered within the Competition System.

Client build ID: 6106301
    Dedicated Server ID:6106303
    - Hotfix for vehicle graphics glitches
    Available next time the restart the Steam client.

11. ritzcher

ritzcher Registered

With the new interface with my hp reverb g2 everything looks very bright, but if I put the old interface it looks better, without those burnt colors that now appear in the new interface, I hope you can correct it, because I have updated right now and still the same.
    I have tested original circuits and original studio 397 cars for testing.

Everything tested offline, for example, the grass is an unnatural bright green and the sky instead of blue is like burnt white

12. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

what about the old UI, I only play offline and I prefer the old UI, is the old UI updated too with the lastest build ?

13. ritzcher

ritzcher Registered

I'm just saying that the old interface now looks better than the new one, at least with VR

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Same here. New UI is now to bright and still stuttering. Last two updates made it worse :(

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

So wich BUILD now with the upadate and the OLD UI?
    Please.V1121?

16. Bruno Gil

Bruno Gil Registered

Didnt fix the graphics glitches for me. I would go as far as saying it made it worse. See for yourselves:

Loks like it was coming from my own car, more specifically, the mirrors (the big yellow glitch you see happened when I looked left or right, hence putting my mirrors in my FOV)

EDIT: looks like my game didnt update to the latest hotfix before the race, so just disregard this post, for now at least

17. cabezaspeed

cabezaspeed Registered

the Game crash all the time go to the desktop, freeze and block my wheel, or just only left me the background gray color, what is happening ?
    Just say the old interface more light and more stable

18. aeveliz

aeveliz Registered

19. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Ooofff. OK, in an effort to help improve matters, I'll give a blow-by-blow of what I'm seeing on latest build.

Practice session only; Sebring 12 hr; 7:00pm start time. LMP2 class selected so I'm getting the Oreca and Ligier, and I'm driving the Ligier. Scripted weather, which starts off first 25% of 2 hr session with partially cloudy and 73 deg, but then changes to clear and 75-77 deg, which of course because it's setting sun should be going the opposite way (i.e. colder).

I do now notice the graphics options are different. It's selected the "Auto" GPU once again (grrr... previously had my 2070 selected) and the new MSAA 8X antialiasing setting (these have changed from previous "levels" I think). Fullscreen, desktop resolution.

Display settings are all car/track settings to High, shadows to Ultra, X16 aniso, particles to High. Frame rates about 128 fps, which I think is a tad lower than I was getting.

On leaving pits, for the first few laps the lighting is changing wildly from bright to quite dark. Headlights make almost no difference. It seems I have high clouds that are occluding the sun, but the experience is very disconcerting. Clouds look OK, can't tell if significantly different to before. Next thing I notice is that with headlights on, from cockpit view, in Ligier, there are no under-car shadows at all from cars in front (which I think has been reported before with Ligier). This extreme lighting variation continues until the clouds dissipate enough that there is less sun occlusion. Going into Sunset Bend, the scene is almost entirely washed out and bright as you exit the corner onto the front straight, in a quite severe change at early-to-mid corner. No other corners experience this.

After about 15 minutes driving I exit cockpit to look at replays. The replays don't show such extreme change in sun lighting the scenes. All cars now have undercar shadows. I let the session runabout 5 more minutes without the sun completely setting; I have the expected God rays in some camera positions as the scene overall darkens about as you might expect.

I'd also note a bit of a difference between the two car models. Either the Ligier is more reflective, or there seems to be a difference in the light quality on the two car types. I'd also say there is considerably more bloom on the headlights of the Oreca than the Ligier, the latter has very crisp non-bloomed front headlights with distinct lenses, the Oreca is a blur of white. Is there some difference in the car models themselves I've previously not noticed, or did it somehow load in lower-quality models for the non-driven cars?

DJCruicky and Raven80 like this.
  20. Atsuki

Atsuki Registered

All this problems... there are any QA department in Studio 397?

McFlex likes this.