Connection Lost after all cars have been loaded on a server

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Max Melamed, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Hello racers,

the following bug occured in two race in VEC to me.

I join the race VEC server as a spectator (new UI). After all cars have been loaded I loose connection and I am promted back to the server selection page. I never had this issue before, nothing has changed on my hardware side of things and I am veteran rF2 endurance driver, so usually everything runs smootly. This issue is new and I have no clue what does cause it. I need urgent help. The issue occured in the last to VEC races which made my team DNF.

Multiple rejoins do not solve the issue. I am lost. Tracefile attached from one of the serverjoins.

Attached Files:

2. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Same issue again today, just that I did not join the competition server as a spectator but as a driver. Got connection lost 3 times in a row.

Any ideas, anyone?

Attached Files:

3. Moriz Mehl

Moriz Mehl Registered

I just want to say I have encountered this issue twice already: The first time during a 12h race I was able to join only after a full rf2 reinstall. Now it happened again this weekend in the VEC race. I unsubbed from the workshop item, deleted the relevant car and track files in the installed folder, resubbed and was then able to join. No idea if corrupted files were at fault resulting in me being kicked from the server, or it was an internet problem that solved itself over time. Anyway, it would be great if this could be looked into.

4. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

I did a full clean rF2 install in monday. Still gotta test, if that solves the issue.

5. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Oh shit no haha. I need to update my signature!

I run:
    Ryzen 7 5800X
    Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
    Nvidia 2080Ti @ 2100Mhz
    2x 16GB DDR4 3600Mhz RAM
    Windows 10 64Bit Pro
    HP Reverb G2
    OSW Mige 20NM Base
    CSL Elite Pedals

6. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Update to my issue. I did a full reinstal. Now I am not getting disconnected anymore BUT it is a synching error 100%. The other cars can't see me (as observed by a friend who raced in the same comp.race as I did). I can't see the other cars neither. But I can see yellow flags, chat messages etc. Only cars are missing. I also was ranked in the competition race an after the end of the race I saw the final standings etc. This is a SUPER weird bug. No other online game I play delviers any issues with syncing/connection etc. Attached my tracefile from said session. @Marcel Offermans any ideas?

Attached Files:

7. Max Melamed

Max Melamed Registered

Another tracefile. This time with a training session on a public server on Imola with the Norma LMP3 and after that a comp.race on Imola with the LMP3 Norma aswell. Practice session was perfectly fine and in the comp. session I did not see any other cars again.

It still think it is a synching problem in the racesessions and warmup (did not see other drivers there either).

Attached Files:

8. David Beranek

David Beranek Registered

Exactly what I was having in 2015/16, don't you remember? :D If I remember well it was sometimes happening to you aswell back then, but far less often than to me.
    I'm still having it in the form of CL when the loading of cars finishes. From my observation it's very random and with some ISPs it happens more often than with others.
    Sometimes deleting of shaders folder seemed to help when it happened for 5+ times in a row, but still very random, sometimes it changed nothing. What's interesting is that this CL often happens when creating shaders(loading the track for the 1st time) even to people normally without this issue, that could be a possible clue to the problem.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021