MP4/8 too sensitive flatspot creation

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Risto Kappet, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

Hello

I believe the Mclaren MP4/8 generates flatspots too easily, even if you are not really locking up the tyres, but simply pushing the car like you do in rF2.
    Especially compared to most other official rF2 content.

The car is high quality and fidelity, but on top of the welcome sensitivity to brake locking and drifting induced flatspots, it also seems to generate a lot linearly just with travelled distance. Hopefully that can be toned down.

Just so you can imagine what my hands feel after 30 minutes of driving - here is overlayed lap 1 in green and lap 25 in white.
    upload_2021-1-15_21-51-25.png

2. Dawid Mroczek

Dawid Mroczek Registered

I can only confirm Risto's words. In my case its 7-8 laps into the stint when the first vibrations are starting to occur(no lockups prior that point), minor at first, but then its getting worse. By lap 20 the vibrations from FFB are practically shaking my entire desk, making it very uncomfortable to drive this car.

Erhan Jajovski and Risto Kappet like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This has begun only recently ? Asking as this car seems to be there forever. But maybe no one has ever driven it for more than ten laps so far ? :D

Also what track has been used ?

Risto Kappet likes this.
  4. Erhan Jajovski

Erhan Jajovski Registered

The issue only gets really noticeable after 20 minutes of racing and it just gets worse from then on. At 25 minutes my whole room starts to vibrate and it's really undriveable. Really annoying.

Risto Kappet likes this.