Does sliding the car get punished in Rfactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David O'Reilly, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

For those who've experienced the tyre model before Studio 397, were the tyres more on the edge? The ones that should I mean.

When will people start to understand laptimes is not the same as realistic physics? Laptimes can be achieved and be equal to real life and still the car can be driven as an aeroplane... Is it good simulation of car physics?

Slip_Angel likes this.
  2. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

The laptime itself doesn’t bother me as such, i just need/want a yardstick to measure with.... if that’s OK with you, ok course? ;)

Bruno Gil likes this.
  3. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It is, just got frustatred as some people come up with that argument a lot. Physics can eve be better if laptimes are lower... Provided that the car has tyres with more grip in a realistic way, or just more power than it should in comparison with a car simulated. It will not be 1:1 to the car we want to simulate, but it could be real if the car was made to be like that in real life. The problem is when there are limits breached that couldn't ever be made in real life.

4. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I wasn't talking about cup car. but still i have seen some exploits working on it like excessive steering. but that car is not as exploitable as gt cars in terms of setup or atleast it doesn't seem to be. I only driver supercup version because there are less exploitable things in setup when nearly all the setup is locked.
    Overall i like cup car very happy about that purchase.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

GT cars? How many times have you replied to the posts where I've mentioned that cars with encrypted files can't be validated?

If your complaints are purely with S397 GT cars, than either take that up directly with S397 or try other mods that can be validated. Its really that simple. Trolling a forum like its a complaint department merely falls on deaf ears at S397. Moreover without actually knowing what the actual setups are, let alone how they actually drive in real life doesn't score any credibility points.

Sure some bizarre setups may give someone a lap or two advantage but not for long. As for real world setups do you really think all Porsche's have the same spring rates, damper settings, sway bar settings etc? Note even close. Some prefer late braking some prefer early acceleration of the same turns. So tell us your setup wisdom what's different between the two setups?

6. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

But how do you find the “tyre punishment” with this car?

It slides around an awful lot, is it realistic?

Do the tyre heat/overheat/wear at the expected rate?

Are you a “few seconds off alien times” with all cars/tracks, or just the GT3 class.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I can't answer as I used rF2 very little before S397 took care of this sim. I don't think that changes of tire model that happened in the meantime of switching to S397 has limited possibility to control how much on the edge rF2 virtual tire could be engineered and adjusted. Tire can be made how one wants it to be, or believes it to be.. rF2 offers incredible control over tire modeling.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  8. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Right, I guess I mean that, as I believe they modified the tyres of all the cars now present in the game right? That's why I wanted to see how it was before. I think some of the corvette road cars are not modified and ISI original. I have them, but they are a road car I normally like to slide them around but don't remember if the sliding was more unpreddictable. I think at root of the problem is the unpreddictabilty of the slides.

9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Heres a video of normal driving up until 5 minutes, and then "drifting" a GT2 Corvetter around until the tyres reach 70%. Is this kind of driving possible for 10 minutes straight?

Understand I have default setup and pressures are even raised, opposite to the lowering exploit.

10. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Both the Dallara and FISI cars were snap spinners with zero margin of reserve until they updated them about a year ago. Supposedly they were using the files published in the Tyre Database as were several other private IndyCars and F1 cars, yet few of those had the snap spin issues. A few did, and for some of those looking at the chassis/suspension files it was obvious the suspension was the culprit, not the tires.

It would appear that the revised FISI & Dallara models which were updated reportedly for graphics purposes probably also had major suspension geometry changes too. I still have copies of the original CorvettePC files from S397 along with copies of the ISI rF2 version with cars from 2012.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It seems to be normal for the last 30 minutes of Daytona 24. 15 day countdown....

12. Comante

Comante Registered

I too prefer flight sim with 400 key bindings vs one with only 100, but this is just to feel my brasses shinier.
    This is the same thing for you. It's just your ego , not the real world

13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I heavily doubt that IRL is easy as RF2 . Not ego but common sense.
    ****not saying iracing is realistic by being difficult atleast they cant throw the aero driven race cars like rally cars lmao and still manage decent lap times.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Nieubermesch likes this.
  14. Comante

Comante Registered

I suppose rf2 is so easy that you never crashed the car into a barrier then. It's a pity you are not competing in prized championships and just drive offline alone telling the world how good you are.... without a shrapnel of a proof to backup your words.

Bruno Gil likes this.
  15. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, it's not the last 30 minutes so it's not really the same.

16. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

so if i don't win races i don't have skills ...amazing logic.

17. Comante

Comante Registered

It is the logic that drive human race since the Olympics .... 3000 years ago

18. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It's not really about ever spinning out, it's more about you can only get consequences, when you go further than you can actually go in reality, because one shouldn't - for some of us - really be able to cross that limit of reality and being allowed. It's actually probably harder to drive drifting around then normal driving, because driving normally then you will still have the forgiving behavior that allows sliding the car and make record times with that.

Noting that sliding and pushing car to the limit and micro sliding are different things. The problem is how long can we really hold some slides and recover others.

19. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

YEP it is well know fact that if a person only drives offline then , no matter how long he is driving he is sh*t.......unless he wins tons of championships then he PRO.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  20. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Well, it would help prove that, but I don't even think that should come into question, at least if we are talking about people with a moderate ammount of skill and experience in sim racing. To tell some things might be off or such.