New UI - Bugs (27+3 and counting) listing, detailed reports.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Havner, Dec 7, 2020.

1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

didnt know that will try next time

2. Havner

Havner Registered

Sorry, just noticed this. My monitors are 1080, so I can't reproduce it, but it seems plausible. I'll add this to the second post.

Flaux likes this.
  3. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Not sure if it helps, but here is a picture of the Menu. If you watch it at 100%, it should show the blurry fonts etc,....no?

[​IMG]

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Here are 2 pictures of the problem. Settings are just 3440x1440 and then Wide UI "off" and Wide Hud "off".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Havner

Havner Registered

Honestly hard to tell without seeing this personally on a monitor with correct pixel density for that resolution but I'll leave it in the second post, added a screenhost link. Someone might look at it at some point and verify maybe?

Also your screenshot is higly compressed JPG, for that to be visible more clearly add some PNG picture (lossless compression). If not possible on forum use some external service.

Added to the second post with screenshot link, won't be able to reproduce this myself.

Flaux likes this.
  6. Bartosz Bińczyk

Bartosz Bińczyk Registered

Another bug:

In the new UI, when trying to join a server, a list of missing components is no longer showing up, which makes it impossible to pinpoint, which mods are missing. All I get is the prompt below:
    [​IMG]

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  7. Tom A

Tom A Registered

There is no information at all in the replay now, you can't even see what lap you are watching. The controls are improved slightly, but losing the stuff that made replays useful outweighs it.

8. Ernie

Ernie Registered

On a multiplayer server the countdown to join the grid for the race is not displayed. There's just a "--".

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  9. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I can confirm that and say that this information is very essential.

Ernie likes this.
  10. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Next Bug: The ingame car preview is cut of at the buttom. This doesn't seem to be an issue with all cars, but with the preview pictures i created for our league for the Porsche Cup and for the GT3 cars. This only happens in the Race/Singleplayer tab. In the rFactor2/Race tab it works correctly.
    [​IMG]

11. Racecraft

Racecraft Registered

The New UI gives a blank gray screen and I have to force quit rFactor2 in this scenario:
    • Join a Multiplayer server and complete a short warmup & race.
    • Stay in server while next track loads, complete another short warmup & race.
    • Repeat 1 or 2 times more and the UI will eventually crash with a blank gray sceen.

12. Havner

Havner Registered

Sorry folks, I stop updating this thread. My reasons are described here:

GTE Update - January 2021, Post #28

They don't test their software, they can't even seem to read their own forum with understanding. As long as they don't care neither do I. When (IF) they fix most of the issues described here (most, not some) I'll update the state. For now it seems it's already too much for them to handle anyway.

Adam Helyes, McFlex and yossaneed like this.
  13. Havner

Havner Registered

So let's see....

The first one is Bug 14. But only brake map is added, Arm Attack Mode is not. So only partially fixed.
    Is the second one Bug 7? (Which can be reproduces without triples, it's more generic than I thought). Mouse click up event on scroll bars is still broken, so no. Don't know what this is about then.

Anything else? Can someone spot any other fixes to the UI? I cannot, at least not from the changelog.

I'll leave this without comment.

14. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Having an issue that has just happened since a small RF2 update this week 19/1/2021.. after quailifying when i hit the Finish session or next session the game crashes... anyone else having this issue??? Using the new UI for a few weeks, first issue ive come across!

15. Havner

Havner Registered

Then you must be either a very lucky or a very forgiving person :)

EDIT: also today's updates are known to crash and be unstable in general. Wait for more hotfixes. This probably has nothing to do with the new New UI in general. They just messed up latest updates.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  16. Craigbowie

Craigbowie Registered

Yes thinking that mate! Away for work for 2 weeks so hopefully they will fix it before i play again!

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

So after S397 reverted to the old build, I now am stuck with this again....

[​IMG]

18. ckmackey

ckmackey Registered

Can't believe this UI has been rolled out in it's current state. This is the worst rollout I've ever seen.

As listed in Bug#23...
    Multiplayer season: No details are listed for race length, type of start, type of mechanical failures, type of weather, type of damage. This along with no countdown timer to join grid, makes going into the race completely blindfolded for drivers.

No driver/ping tags also, as mentioned already.

Who the hell is running this sh!t show? Very obvious problems and bugs that should've been addressed before ever rolling out this catastrophe.

McFlex likes this.
  19. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Have the client server build numbers got out of sync?

We had two instances on different servers yesterday where new UI users were denied access due to a build mismatch (I think the client UI was showing as +1 to the server) *but* when the new UI users reverted to the old UI, they were let in...

If anything, I’d expect the reverse as we are dragged inexorably into the new UI - I.e. old UI users would be denied access....?

20. lagg

lagg Registered

If they reverted to the old UI and could enter, that means that the servers were not updated.
    In the current build there is no support for the old UI