Unable to join GTE winter series

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Vinnyracer, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Vinnyracer

Vinnyracer Registered

Firstly credit where it is due I am totally loving RF2.

I have an issue with joining the GTE winter series competition. It does state at the lower part of the screen from memory `unable to load/find entry details` AND when the timer has finished it brings up a pop up window notification " Rfactor 2 was unable to activate the GTE winter series etc etc.
    Now i have gone through the painful process of uninstalling as much as possible in content, unsubscribed to all workshop content, but when I try and join again obviously it re-installs what is needed but still states the same pop up window notification...
    Interestingly I have been able to join the Taatus formula competition.....help :)

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Tatuus are a free S397 product that everyone gets pushed to them via Steam, so any user could race in that series. The GTE requires the user to have purchased all of the GTE DLC content which means only those users who have ALL the GTE cars and tracks can participate. Double check first that you have all the cars and tracks and we'll go from there.

3. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Yeah, you must own all the content to participate, which is a sad move actually.

4. Skylar

Skylar Registered

I purchased the content yesterday and registered.
    I have all the cars and tracks in my inventory but cannot see the server in multiplayer. I'm using the new UI.
    Plenty of other GTE servers that I can join but that's not what I was hoping for.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You need to join through the competition system, not the server listing.

6. Vinnyracer

Vinnyracer Registered

Ok So what I thought was easier was to to go through all the purchased cars available in the RF2 Steam storeand list the ones I don’t have:
    Ex Zero
    Formula E
    Formula Vee
    For the tracks instead I just checked I have the ones required from the RF2 steam store, the only exception was silverstone as that’s workshop.
    Imola
    Sebring
    Virginia
    Nurburgring
    Silverstone.

one point to note is that when I am in single player for practice I have the all cars installed for the competition GTE winter series i notice they have GTR24hv2021V15 listed after the car name, is that correct?

Under track series I have ‘all tracks and cars’, ‘GTR24h silverstone v2’ and ‘Tatuuswinterseries’ NO ‘GTE winter series’.

I have gone into content to try and delete the GTR24 in case that was the problem but the uninstall/delete tabs are not highlighted for use.

i did also verify content in Steam but that was fine, the other solution is to uninstall the game but that’s pain getting all the settings done again.
    Thanks

7. Skylar

Skylar Registered

Tried the competition system but there is no selection to enter a race or qualify session.
    It lists Summary, Sessions, Schedule and Standings.
    No join button, nothing. I see the winter series Tatuus races on the server list and can join that. But I've registered and paid for GTE and get nothing.
    Thanks for any help. 16106537232214116940714719901281.jpg

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can only join one of the CS sessions 15 mins before it starts. Wednesday (Europe time) is maintenance day so there won't have been any sessions to join (it doesn't show the date yet, so not very clear on that one).

So assuming you registered for the series, and it looks like you have, all you need to do now is wait until a session is less than 15 mins away so you can register (hopefully without an error, but if it does just go back to the main rF2 menu, then back into the CS, and it should update), and then join the session before it begins.

The Tatuus server you joined is just a server someone's created with the same content; the only way to join a CS race is through the CS.

9. Skylar

Skylar Registered

Wonderful. Thanks for all the help.