DPi vs LMP2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThomasJohansen, Jan 11, 2021.

1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Did a AI race last night with 45 min qual and 1hour race.

AI at 102%

Oreca and Ligier was 1-2 sec faster than the Cadillac at the daytona track.
    I know its not official content track, but thought the DPi was a bit faster than LMP2.

Fastest AI LMP2 in race was about 1:37 ish.
    And AI Cadillac DPi about 1:38 ish.

i thought the DPi should be 3-5 sec faster than LMP2 at a track like Daytona.

I didnt use lemans aero so dont think the AI did either.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They have had the laser scanned Sebring to sort out AI speeds in IMSA races but they never have done it. The GTE & GT3 suffer from the same mixing of AI pace. USA based Imsa LMP2 run a reduced HP and will see even more reduction at this years Rolex 24hr. S397 has implemented Le Mans aero packages, they also need to implement an IMSA power bop in then the tuning screens.

3. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

The default set-up in most sims is lousy. To get real world lap times you need to spend hundreds of hours on the set-up just to figure out it's mostly a hack. This is paid content and the default set-up should be tuned properly so a player can get close to real world lap times.

atomed likes this.
  4. ThomasJohansen

Of course you can tune a setup be faster than default, but I just expected the AI vs AI in different classes would have the expected class gap.

But if what @davehenrie says about LMP2 being slower in IMSA, then there is a good reason why the LMP2 can be at same level at DPi at the moment.
    The Ideal solution would then be an option to add IMSA BOP to LMP2.

atomed likes this.
  5. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

The lap times for the LMP2 you're quoting are correct. WeatherTech: Results | IMSA Its the stock set-up or physics of the Studio397 Caddilac Dpi that are off.

6. Team Dano

Team Dano Registered

Btw, I'm currently using the Daytona mod with the RSS Caddilac Dpi mod and getting 1:35's. Ai set at 104, ai Dpi's getting 1:35's and ai LMP2's getting 1:37's. Almost identical to the real world lap times. Ai GTE's are way off, 1:48's. WeatherTech: Results | IMSA

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  7. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

i tested s397 nurburgring gp track multi class race include gte.lmp2 and lmp1 mean dpi caddy and gte car won 10 laps race
    i found that lmp or dpi cars could not overtake gte cars even in Qualifying gte cars were faster i mean ai cars

8. ThomasJohansen

Yes the S397 DPi should be at 1.35ish or so then it would be more accurate.

9. Fineraft

Fineraft Registered

Well, I tested them on Le Mans. A good driver can be faster with the DPi from RSS, given that the setup is correct. But the Ai for some reason still mix up with the LMP2 cars, but the difference is smaller then with the S397 DPi. Both the RSS and S397 seem to lack the speed on the straights. My findings are that the RSS DPis can be faster because of a slightly faster acceleration and corner speed although the difference is very small. Imo, they should indeed lower the base horsepower or include some sort of IMSA setting for the LMP2s.

10. ThomasJohansen

The other day I found out that in the S397 version of DPi, its possible to change gear range to give higher top speed.
    Maybe thats why AI is still slow with this car.

Default setup top speed is around 297 km/t hitting rpm limit, but with gear change It could go beyond 310 km/t.
    Maybe thats the reason AI is slow.
    Only tested on daytona, so dont know top speed at le mans with this car.
    dont remember my lap time.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  11. Fineraft

Fineraft Registered

I tested this on Spa and indeed I drove a bit faster then the LMP2s but for me Ai is a bit too overpowered. I set it on 100 because I read somewhere if you do a driver change, the Ai that takes over is always on 100. Still need to improve haha

12. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

in "customize car" section, I selected "hypercar" instead of "DPi" and their lap times in Daytona are similar to RSS ones and in line with the reality.

13. Fineraft

Fineraft Registered

Firstly, I have never seen this option in the tuning menu for the DPi. I know you can select a Le Mans package for the LMP2 car there.
    Secondly, can I then still use the RSS DPis in conjunction with the S397 Cadillac?

14. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

I mixed both on Daytona and it worked well.
    All DPi (S397 and RSS) are ahead LMP2 (with standard aero)

15. Fineraft

Fineraft Registered

Let me rephrase, will the class system still function?