Fanatec CS 2.5 lurches at max left or right

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by davehenrie, Jan 9, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

After one of the rF2 updates, or my changing to newer fanatec drivers, I've gotten this weird behavior when the wheel reaches the maximum range left or right. As the Animation of the wheel approaches roughly 90% of the limit, it suddenly lurches the rest of the arc. And the wheel jolts as this happens. With the older mods I've been using lately, the driver's arm repeated grabs the animated wheel and then lets go and then grabs again as if he's trying to keep turning further. This brings small jolts to the wheel with each repeat of the process. It is more of an irritant than a complete fail, but I also don't want to incur wear and tear on the wheel with all this jolting that I don't remember having prior to about a month ago.
    any particular setting I should be looking at to eliminate this? Perhaps even that slow speed hack setting in rF2 itself?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

duh..... I think I found it. Somehow steering assist got enabled. I never use it so I didn't even think to look. Will try shortly to verify. Yup, steering help enabled. Once I drove with that option turned off, the jolting at the end of the wheel travel vanished!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    philrob and Lazza like this.
  3. philrob

philrob Registered

good find, i wasnt aware of this

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If I had not been helping another user, I would not have found it. I never have driven with it active so it never entered my mind to even look at it. I went to refresh my memory on what Fkey did what and only then did I see it was activated. That would have been a bug in my side for a long time!

5. philrob

philrob Registered

An even better find then, very lucky.

davehenrie likes this.
  6. Audere est facere

Audere est facere Registered

This happened to me about 4 weeks ago. I almost contacted Fanatec service cause I thought my wheel was broken. After checking my settings I could not believe that steering assistent was active. But in my case I know what the reason was. Right before this issue appeared I restarted a race and my wheel acted kinda weird for a second (difficult to explain). And with the restart of the race the problem started. So something went wrong while resetting the race. This never happened before.

davehenrie likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I reckon the proximity of these two is often related:

upload_2021-1-11_18-50-4.png

davehenrie likes this.