R-Factor Graphics Configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PabloVND, May 22, 2019.

1. Riverside

Riverside Registered

Got it.

I am at 2560x1080 and it looks the best I've seen rf2 at consistent 70+ FPS

2. Xzanman

Xzanman Registered

A small tip for Nvidia users. Try setting sharpening to 0.50 in the NCP (default when turning it on), i recommend turning the ignore film grain to 1.0 . Of course you can experiment with the numbers to find a look that you like.
    Also create a profile for Rf2 in the NCP so this feature doesn't effect your other games.
    I know alot of you will already know about this, but I hope by posting this it maybe of value to someone.

atomed and Corti like this.
  3. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Well, I think this threat is outdated now because a lot has been improved in graphics correction and new material added.
    Now I think some presets will be welcome for standart users.
    Besides that, antialiasing options should appear by his name rather than levels.
    I keep all my settings maxed out, post processing maxed out, antialiasing of choice is level 3 witch equals msaa x 4.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  4. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Registered

I think it would be useful/helpful, if when posting "recommended settings" you include resolution and graphics card used...;)

DucMan888, Xzanman and Corti like this.
  5. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Nvidia card 1080p. I use the monitor provided driver for color profile for overall system color set via OS and personally I don't mess with gpu manufacturer settings. The monitor color profile set to the Srgb space.

https://www.nvidia.com/content/Cont...s/nvdsp/CS_Adjust_Color_Settings_Advanced.htm

Then no need to calibrate anything if you got factory calibrated settings via provided driver color profile and monitor menu set to srgb profile. Refresh rate is also set to 119 hz.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  6. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Registered

Which Nvidia card i.e. gtx1080 rtx1070 etc ... TIA

7. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Gtx 1070 ti. What's the difference anyway? all modern nvidia cards share drivers and options except for the raytracing and dlss features witch in any case are useles for rfactor 2.

After that I think most users should check his color setting from monitor OS before deep into gpu settings. That is because sometimes I noticed some users recommed to set color options from gpu drivers and by my own experience this is not optimal in any case. Recently nvidia add new option on drivers for bypass OS color options but then you're unable to use manufacturer calibration settings by gpu drivers as far as I know. In fact you don't even need a colorimeter sometimes than's because monitor drivers give you a factory calibrated color profile for srgb preset but you have to set then correctly on OS wich i not always that simple. Besides that in game presents by devs should help and make things easyer for users wich unfortunately is not the case those days.
    In the end, as a regular pc user software I feel a bit of overcomplexity for regular user, and specially when all the interactions between software go on.

8. JamesB

JamesB Registered

What's the difference? do you think that graphics performance is dependent on the driver and unrelated to your card? Do you think that you could run the same triple monitor setup at 1440p that someone with a 3090 could? It makes a huge difference what card you run and thats why people need to know so that they can compare apples with apples.

9. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

10. JamesB

JamesB Registered

Well that's true but there can still be anomalies so I think that when posting about graphics setup it is best to put in card and resolution it's running. I used to work on flight sim development and it often made a huge difference.

PabloVND likes this.
  11. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

It seems that by default and because nvidia drivers some setups with nvidia cards skip the provided monitor driver color profile set on windows color management delivering a limited rgb signal even with display port connection.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-correct-color-profile-your-monitor-windows-10
    I use srgb profile on monitor that gives you calibrated srgb preset with no chance for tune the monitor settings and that what makes driver provided manufacturer color profiles specially important.

12. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Registered

Thanks for trying to clarify the model of video card rational for me, but it seems PabloVND does understand the reasoning behind it. :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    PabloVND likes this.
  13. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Now it seems that latest nvidia drivers overwrite OS colors by default even if you have a windows color profile default and activated. Now on the desktop color tab instead of the usual two options "managed by the system" and "managed by nvidia", you get a check box named precise or something that you have to check if you what for gpu drivers to do nothing. A overcomplex process for something simple as it should be to calibrate you monitor with the provided drivers this simple as it is cn be for sure can be a pain for most average users expecting a plug and play experience with all kind of traps everywhere: not full rgb range by default even with display port connection, mini check boxes on windows to activate a profile color that already appears to be active in system configuration and nvidia panel also overwriting this settings. That's why in the end you expect at least some graphic standarized profiles in gaming and simulators for those who don't want to spend hours checking all settings interactions.
    What's the point of spend hundred of dollars in graphic cards and monitors if you're not capable of at least tune it correctly?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  14. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Ok guys, have mercy on me :p.

Just turned 50 and was lucky enough to get a new HP Omen PC with a 3090 and an AOC Agon 49 inch 5120x1440 (120hz) ultrawide monitor. Guess all those years of not wanting anything finally paid off lol. Now, I am pretty much a newb when it comes to messing with settings and stuff as I am afraid I will do more harm than good. I am getting roughly 120fps with most settings all the way up (22 cars) but I just don't think I am getting the most out of what I have. Can anyone give me any advice as to what settings and changes I should make ingame and in the nvidia control panel? I appreciate any help and it would go a long way in helping me get through my midlife crisis :D:confused:

Thanks

15. Jim Lee

Jim Lee Registered

If you are looking compliments, then congratulations :). I would not worry about setting in the Nvidia CP, you should be able to max everything out with that video card (assume and seriously you have OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0380t) and seriously if that is what you have your limited to 120fps by the monitor. Be happy - enjoy yourself ;). You did not say what controls you are using ... just curious o_O

Elcid43 likes this.
  16. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Not looking for compliments:), just some help and input but thank you my friend, yes it is the 30L. But that is the thing, it doesn't hit 120fps consistently as it dips down to 80 at times. I know that I am not up on this stuff but I thought for sure that I would be able to max things out and the 3090 would keep things at the limit of the monitor. That is why I was asking what you guys would do, maybe I just expected too much?

I am having and have been having a good time with RF2 for a while now :). It can be quite frustrating at times (for someone like me) because it seems like it is just a big pit of hidden settings and adjustments. Even though, with all the other games I have, I keep coming back because IMHO nothing can match it.

Thank you

17. JamesB

JamesB Registered

I guess the real question is why do you need more than 80fps? And what of your settings are not maxed out? What is your monitor refresh rate? Unfortunately for me, my monitors are 60hz max, so using gsync I have my max frame rate capped at 60, now that may not be perfect but its good enough and the best I can afford to do right now, but I would suggest that if you are getting 80-120 you have not got much to worry about.

Elcid43 likes this.
  18. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I am not saying it isn't good enough, only that I thought it would run the game at higher FPS :) I was trying to get opinions and to see if I was in the ballpark and, if not, what I could potentially change. I see 3090s running triple 4k monitors (although I am sure with settings turned down) so I was/am concerned I may be missing something. ;)
    Thanks

Edit, sorry, forgot to add. Track detail at medium and opponent detail on high, couple of other things that I can't remember right now.

19. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Elcid43 likes this.
  20. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Goanna likes this.