Track not loading

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 7, 2021.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

@GTClub_wajdi Maybe a Trace File could help. Could you upload one?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Since this seems to be a major reboot, when you un-install rF2, keep in mind that not everything is removed. Only the core program and files. Any mods, extras, plugins, those all are left behind. If you truly want a completely fresh install, use Windows to delete the the entire rFactor2 folder inside Steam.
    Also windows updates tend to conflict with rFactor2 which was written long before Win10 was around. So every once and while I download the latest motherboard and USB drivers for windows and re-install those.

3. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I was so hoping to find a solution to this as I have tried almost everything mentioned here. My rfactor started of just like the OP but have gotten worse to a point that none of my games now load. Steam says running but the game stays in the background and when I open task manager it changes to not responding. I’ve done the rf fresh install but not the windows delete folder bit, re-installed steam, gpu drivers back and present and windows updates as well.
    I had this before but it was directly after a windows update so I knew what to look for, now the last ms update was 11/12/20

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi bro
    I’m not sure you have same issues as me but yesterday I wanted to understand if it’s rfactor2 or my pc so I reinstalled Assetto Corsa and I had same problems so I understood it’s my pc.
    I checked everything but after hours and hours of testing and trying i said let’s see if there an update for my Nvidia driver( 2080ti) and yes my Nvidia driver updater updated my gpu driver and guess what?! Miracle... now it works perfectly :cool:
    Try to update your video card driver and let me know( you should update your window to by checking if there an update by windows update).

nipzon likes this.
  5. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Thx for the reply. I checked everything and all drivers and they are up to date. It got worse that steam also stopped loading. It’s in task manager but not open. So I did the inevitable and resetted windows to a clean install. Steam installed and opened instantly so I started reinstalling all the missing software and started the downloading steam games. Meantime in the background windows had the latest update ready to go. The moment I installed that and rebooted steam stopped loading.
    So now I’m doing a clean install of windows and will ignore the update. Will see how that goes.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  6. nipzon

nipzon Registered

After days of investigation I narrowed it down to the Fanatec Driver Package. As soon as I load any of the versions except ver 328, steam fails to load more than background service. Uninstalling it fixes the problem straight away.