Released Endurance Bundle 2 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Sander H

Sander H Registered

Only tried the C8R so far, drives great but I have a little issue with the mirrors. By default the seating is a bit too high to my liking, so I lower it quite a bit. But when I do that the virtual mirror is moving along with it, so when I end up finding a good setting for the seat, the mirrors are only showing the sky.

I use 40 fov btw. Any clues?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Mirrors share the seat keys so they can be adjusted separately from the seat. Here is a long thread that explains the mirror system.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/mirror-adjustment-guide-and-tips.60593/

pkelly and Sander H like this.
  3. Sander H

Sander H Registered

Never knew that was an option, thank you!

4. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

i report a bug with all cameras on only the skin #32 of Ligier JSP217

1722-1723 normal/regular cams car #34
    1720-1725 weired FOV cams car #32

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Lethal likes this.
  5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Corvette C8R this is one of the rare american car that i like, I really like the way this thing looks and sounds IRL.
    Here is my review on RF2 version ->>

•Graphically i don't see any issues with it looks great from the outside and interior are definitely one of the best by S397

• Sound
    Exterior->> Exterior sound is probably best in the market right now but needs some improvement
    like Loundness of the intake noise,
    Pops on downshift needs to be more violent

Interior/Onboard->> This is very disappointing i do not like how it sounds in onboard view. And this sound SHOULD be better because onboard iswhere we spend most of the time in car. I don't know how to describe it but i'll try
    I think the bass is too high, the engine needs some screaming nature as it is NA , The flat plane rumble at high revs should be heard in onboard, The downshift sounds needs more backfire.
    IRL onboard sound is not as bad as in RF2 , so it definitely needs improvement.

Handling->> This is mixed feelings, the car is too much understeery for mid engine car. The front overheats more than i imagined in mid engine car.
    Please read this ->? i'm not using default setup, i used all my knowledge to create a good setup around zandvroot took hours to make it good enough still not happy about handling physics.

The underbody aero pitch sensitivity seems quite forgiving despite i'm running HIGHEST rake (20 mm) i have on any other GTE car and quite soft springs along with very big packing gap (bumpstop gap)

The front tyre is always hot on outside part of tyre in mid to high speed turns despite using over -4.0 camber and playing to ARB to make car roll less, using stiffer springs on rear to make it take bigger toll of rolling stiffness etc i have tried everything.

TL;DR

Sounds definitely needs improvement exterior and especially onboard
    Handling physics needs to be looked into IMHO. The front end is rolling too much, i have tried stiffer setup it still rolls too much leading to excessive understeer.
    I had to put maximum front camber -5.0 to get better grip and even temp distribution I, M and O.

i'm very disappointed in car so i refunded it,until it gets better i'm not liking it.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Lethal likes this.
  6. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Back to the traditional awful - default - setup... with the C8r, but like often, it's somewhat fixable.
    Still, least favorite car of the pack and that's coming from someone that do mostly GTE.

Great cockpit... but really tainted by the onboard sounds. Indeed seem like the engine is missing some of the high range, plus the usual lack of dynamism of rf2 sounds.

Slip_Angel and Vladie like this.
  7. Vladie

Vladie Registered

Yep the sound on C8R is in need of improvement. Onboard sound needs more brutality

pkelly and Slip_Angel like this.
  8. Cuda71

Cuda71 Registered

The C8R definitely needs some soundfix. Interior sound is awful, and there is this annoying click in the upshift audio sample sometimes when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. It´s not a real clipping, but it´s like an audio sample that does not start with the amplitude at 0 level.
    By the way - why is it that my lap times at Nurburgring GP course are 3 seconds slower than those in the C7 GT3? I thought GTE cars are faster? AI is also a lot slower in the C8R compared to the C7 GT3.

Vladie and Lethal like this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Bought the bundle as it nicely fits to the rest of the cars in the sim. Especialy the Ligier is a really nice addition and a much requested car for me personaly. All of the cars look great from the interior and exterior and the materials do their job nicely. The worn carbon fibre in the Caddy looks ace and I hope that the rest of the car content follows this standard, especialy the older DLC content. I have no idea how the Oreca steering wheel is still a thing as it really looks like something you would expect in rF1. Aka not acceptable for paid DLC and especialy not years after release.

I gave all the three cars a short spin and like them so far from the handling perspecive, but surely it's not enough to give any proper judgement yet. I got to say though I like the handling of the C8 the most. Sadly this car is let down by a very subpar sound experience. No idea how this sound made it in to the game but it sounds very digital and awful. The biggest problem I experienced so far is that other cars get rendered at very low detail settings from the Ligier cockpit view with missing parts and missing under tray shadows (at high opponent detail btw). That was at Spa, where I made a back to back test with the Oreca. From the Oreca cockpit everything looked fine though.

I think for 3 Euro per car it's a nobrainer in the long run, but I really would like to have a rF2 DLC finaly where I have nothing to complain about, with proper interiour and exteriour sounds and no wierd bugs or anything. There is allways a little issue that taints an otherwise great experience and I am sure I am not the only person seeing this a bit critical. If you really want to get more people and new players hooked into the sim, offering polished content should be one of the first and most important priorities. Stuff like the missing car parts or the C8 sound is something that could be easily avoided. Sadly there are quite a few things across different DLC cars with things that could and should be avoided, yet the pile of those issues is getting bigger and bigger.

So far so good, but please don't let people wait another few years to get those bugs fixed.

RaceNut, Vladie, Kahel and 1 other person like this.
  10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Guys , i would like if you all share your experiences of C8R on T8 of old zandvroot
    This is the map for reference->>

IMG_9477.PNG
    This T8 corner is where I can't figure out why C8R is understeering more, initial entry has good bite then quickly the front starts to push hard. Because of this my mid turn speed compared to other GTE cars is down by atleast 2km/h and hence exit speeds is also slower than my other GTE cars.
    I'm currently not on my pc so i can't upload setup yet, but i can only say i'm not using default setup and it is not setup for understeer. I will try to post my setup later but in meantime could you guys give it a try and share your experiences ?

11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Okay so created a new setup on old zandvroot GP for C8R. I managed to do 1:35:4 easily without TC. so this setup should definitely go into 1:34 because theoretically by combining my purple sectors i was already in 1:35:2
    So with TC 0.5 seconds are easily gained and with low mistakes I'm 100 % confident that it should do high 1:34 or hell even mid 1:34

Pressure at lowest 140 kpa and soft compound tire

Front camber : -4.0

Rear camber : -2.6

brake balance is 50.5:49.5 at 70 kgf(88%) pedal force

Front suspension->>

180 N/m

Bump: 18

Rebound: 5

F.Bump : 17

F.Rebound : 21

Packers : 2.0 cm (very important for these springs rates i tested this value)

Ride height : 5.0 cm

ARB : P4

toe : -0.12 degrees

Rear->>

220 N/m (+2 clicks from front spring)

Bump : 15

Rebound : 7

F.Bump : 14

F.Rebound : 19

Packers : 0.5 cm ( probably doesn't matter but i don't like to keep it at 0, just in case of bottoming out )

Ride height: 7.0 cm (20 mm rake)

ARB : P5

Toe : + 0.12 degrees

Wing : P6 (Don't need to lower it because i'm already nearly 2km/h faster at the end of straight hitting 249 km/h than my other 2 GTE cars)

Preload : 120 Nm

So my new conclusion for this car ->

It requires highest rake and highest front camber out of my other GTE cars (488 and RSR )
    I Also think that this car has quite soft wheel rates (not spring rates) i.e for similar spring rate the C8R wheel
    travels MORE than my other GTE cars.
    Aerodynamically car has very good downforce to drag ratio.
    On RSR I HAVE to run maximum rear wing for fast setup at this circuit but on C8.R i'm 1 click down from maximum wing and it is generating HUGE downforce PLUS it has highest top speed out the 2 other gte i tested.

Regarding springs rates i think it is a MUST to keep rear atleast 1 click high than front infact 2 clicks is better because the ability of front tire to rotate rear seems very limited.

Engine seems very peaky in terms of power so i'm revving it all the way to 7400 RPM.

Long post but hopefully it is correct and helpful.

R.Noctua, Vladie, makan and 2 others like this.
  12. RoWo

RoWo Member

Some graphical issues with the Ligier:
    365960_20201229142452_1.png
    • Why are there raindrops on the steering wheel?
    • The wiper area is really small, with heavy rain you can't see the apex.

Emery likes this.
  13. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Is it possible to get the Ligier template wireframe without this colored background?
    in the current template it cant be separated.
    LigierJSP217_car.png

14. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

i guess the only thing you can do is to desaturate that level
    upload_2021-1-2_12-23-39.png

15. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I applied some luminans filter, still messes with my colors but ok to work with. LigierJSP217_car.png

16. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

short question : are DPi Cadillac, Oreca 7 and 2020 Ligier JS P217 are made to race together ?
    when I add the DPi class, I have only Cadillac and Oreca 7.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They can and do race together in IMSA but the LMP2 Oreca and LMP2 Ligier are in a different class from the DPi Cadillac.

Emery likes this.
  18. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

When released, the Oreca had classes LMP2 and DPI assigned to it. This was always a mistake, and it needs to be corrected.

The problem now is, I don't doubt there are leagues etc. who have created series using the DPI class rather than LMP2, who would not be able to continue to race with the class definitions corrected.

It's also well known the DPI was "unconstrained" when IMSA separated the two classes, and that the LMP2 class will be "nerfed" to accommodate other classes to be added in future i.e. LMH/LMDh. I also suspect S397 might try to deal with this via the upgrades system. That in itself will cause problems: for example they are seen with the Porsche Cup, which in sprint configuration has different performance than the 2 endurance configurations, and when you add AI (or even probably in the online competitions) they don't all get added in the same configuration unless you perform an forced upgrade for the track (which I think is also missing in the new UI).

Everywhere you look, there's issues....

19. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Forced upgrades per track are there.

AI strength per car/track combination isn't though, which pisses me off more and more every day.

20. vitto

vitto Registered

Ligier, in my case the steering wheel display is completely transparent, I see the road surface, in this photo you can see the white stripe and the yellow and blue curb
    GRAB_003.jpg