SOLVED Can't launch rFactor 2 at all, new or old ui

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Krus, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Mark Krus

Mark Krus Registered

So I actually have another problem that is a huge deal for me and I just want to fix that problem. But for now I can't launch rFactor 2. I've deleted and unsubscribed from all non-S397 content, verified files, deleted all .dll plugin files, deleted everything in the packages folder, deleted all skin packages, deleted shaders and cbash, restarted steam, restarted my computer, tried re-configuring the prelaunch video settings in both the old and new ui. I really don't see any more options available to try.

The new ui doesn't launch at all. The old launcher launches, but no matter if I try single or multiplayer it will not launch into the old ui. The mini window with rF2 in it will pop up in the center of my screen and sit there forever. I was using rFactor 2 as per usual earlier tonight and discovered a problem with the Palatov so I reverted to the old ui. Upon reverting back to the new ui I'm here.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Try renaming your userdata folder to say userdata.old and verify game integrity in steam, this seems to have fixed the same sort of probs with other users.

3. Mark Krus

Mark Krus Registered

I just solved it. I deleted the bin64 folder and verified files. Then it took like 5 minutes on that little rF2 window in the center of my screen and the ui launched and had me confirm my name and nickname like the first time I launched this build.

Goanna likes this.