Uninstall disabled in Packages

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Filip, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

Anyone knows why in packages menu of new UI I can't uninstall any local content except MultiCmp?
    For all other components (vehicles, locations...) uninstall button is disabled!?

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'd use modmanager.... it's in the bin64 folder.

Filip likes this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

Thx, I was able to do it with mod manager.
    But I'd expect to have it working in game in Packages menu.
    Is it working for others or is it a known problem?
    I read that users cannot install multiple packages but I can't uninstall even a single component.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Filip Some can, some can't. It doesn't matter enough to me to try resetting rF2 to see if it fixes it.

5. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

I suppose you guys are offline racers without a single rfmod installed besides all tracks and cars mod? Try installing a random rfmod, doesnt matter which content, and you'll probably be able to uninstall content afterwards.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I suppose you're wrong? :p

7. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Not possible, it worked for one offline racer, extrapolating till infinity says I'm right.:cool:

Lazza likes this.
  8. Filip

Filip Registered

Sure I tried resetting rf2 several times.
    I even fiddled with Win 10 partition permissions as I thought the cause could be because I moved rf2 installation to another partition.
    But obviously that is not the case because uninstalling works via mod manager.

Bit of personal rant following...
    All in all I lost many hours over these holidays due to new UI.
    After 1000 hrs during 4 years and installing hundreds of mods in old UI I encountered many problems few days ago when switching to new UI. First time ever I had to verify integrity files, switched between new and old ui few times as it was always stuck in verifying and downloading. And never-ending workshop items updating. Even deleted steam client as recommended somewhere to cure constant download and validating.
    Then realised steam can't recognise already installed games so I reverted to old steam client.
    Can't say for sure if it was only steam or rf2 problem or both but somehow at some point I managed to get new UI working but in the process moved 130GB of rf2 to other partition because I guessed there was no free space for constant redownloading. Maybe that relocation solved it.
    I would revert to old UI but it was also having some problems suddenly, can't remember which, I suppressed the memory of it.

Then after all that hassle managed to get it working with the new UI only to find out I'm missing some options in it.
    Now I understand better frustrations of many users that have problems with new UI.

Is there official recommendation to use mod manager now for those who have problems uninstalling packages?

Btw is there info in mod manager about component origin - local or workshop?

9. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

just my guess, is it possible that mods installed with old UI are the one affected?