SOLVED Templates folder missing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ronald Fleurbaaij, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Ronald Fleurbaaij

Ronald Fleurbaaij Registered

Hello,

After updating to the latest version with the new UI of rF2 I had some issues with the game not loading menu's and not being able to allocate my button assignments, so I've desided to do a completely fresh install of rFactor 2. Since then I've both the new Endurance Pack 2 and F488 GTE. I wanted to create cumstom skins for those cars, but the templates folder seem to have disappeared. I can't find it anywhere anymore. Has the location changed? Luckily I've made a backup of the old folder, but now I'm missing the templates for the newest cars in game. That's a real shame if you'd ask me...

2. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

ReSubscribe to the cars and the templates will download that is fot the dlc. All the other don’t know as I always have game backup folder.

3. Ronald Fleurbaaij

4. Ronald Fleurbaaij

Well... I've tried it, but no effect... Still I don't have a template forlder in my installation

5. jdaddle

jdaddle Registered

i had the same issue after a fresh install , I found the templates in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\365960 by searching for *.psd. Just made a new Templates folder and copied them over.

daniele-vrz and Riverside like this.
  6. Ronald Fleurbaaij

Thanks, I've found them. Indeed it seems the 'new' way, if you can speak of it like that, rF2 is installed is that it does download it, but it puts it in the folders of the steam workshop items downloaded in the root you discribed, instead of in a templates folder. It seems a bit odd though. I've done an other clean istallation in the meantime and it behaved the same as I've discribed before. A friend of mine how've very recently did the same showed me he had some more folders in his rF2 root folder then I did. So I'm not sure what's changed or what Studio 397 did, but I checked the integrety of the game via Steam and it said all was OK...

7. daniele-vrz

daniele-vrz Registered

good one thank you

8. Maiki0767

Maiki0767 Registered

What happens if folder 365960 is deleted?