new UI is silly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leonardo ratafia, Dec 28, 2020.

1. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

same in the old UI actually

lagg likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Select a name and press "boot". You seem to be able to keep pressing boot after the first one and it gets rid of the drivers but the ghosts of the cars seem to stick around.

lagg likes this.
  3. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

I agree that some aspects of the new UI are extremely irritating. (1) The mulitplayer server step -- absolutely stupid. I never play online on a server. Why should I have to wait 10 to 15 seconds for it to try and find my "favorite" server? I don't want a damn server and never have. Single player should be the main/first choice or, at least, easy to go directly to. (2) What the hell is up with the cursor in VR? It lags and jumps around. I have to click on something 4 or 5 times before it executes. The cursor disappears behind the menu items at the bottom of the screen and I have to lift my VR goggles to see where they are and click again. For crissake ISI, I have been a devout fan for many years but you are trying my patience with this new idiocy. Please get your act together.

akrab likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is not ISI.

pkelly likes this.
  5. Kahel

Kahel Registered

Not a huge fan of the loading favorites server either... but to be fair they did improve it, a bit.
    Until they decide to get rid of it (or not...) you can add a server to your favorite... ironically it's like 5 times faster with a server added than without any.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just pick one that's usually online, or it'll still stall for 15 seconds :p

The fact it blocks is interesting/puzzling, because the same message is within the multiplayer section. All they need to do is take off the blocking, the multiplayer section will sit there trying to update the favourites and anyone wanting single player will be able to click on that section instead. I'd say this is just a remnant from a previous layout, they'll fix it surely.

atomed likes this.
  7. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

You are absolutely right. I stand corrected on the point. But it changes not a single iota of my other comments.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I've not experienced that in VR (Valve Index)... what VR headset are you using?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  9. Cuchulain

Cuchulain Registered

HTC Vive Pro