Option to hide driver body

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by shushkata, Jan 1, 2021.

1. shushkata

shushkata Registered

Hey Devs, thanks for a great game !! I have a request, that will solve a problem that i think many have.

I play on a 32inch TV. And despite putting the screen 60cm away from my eyes i cannot get more that 37/38 FOV in game. While the perspective is spot on, the filed of view is way limited. My only real option is to move the seat backwards (look into apex is too distracting when you loose control of the car). So i can remove wheel, hands, why not the actual body too. The body is the object that interferes with my camera position. I start clipping with it.

I found out that a FOV of 55 is great for my awareness. But with 55 perspective is way off. So if we get the option to remove the body of the driver (hide it) i can set the FOV to 40, move the camera back where i want it to be and bam ! perfect viewing angles and a good perspective.

PS: Bare in mind that removing the body will also be beneficial for the actual game, less polygons to render :p

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

In your player.json file(rfactor2/userdata/player/), search "Steering Wheel", and you can see there are some options. I think you can set it in game too.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have never seen the driver body when moving the seat position back. I HAVE seen the upright back of the seat. Which doesn't make sense since the entire seat should be moving, not just the eye point location.

vitto likes this.
  4. vitto

vitto Registered

the seat should hide with the driver, in many cars it prevents the side view

5. Kahel

Kahel Registered

We also get a glitch when looking behind... sometimes the view get obstructed by the seat.

6. shushkata

shushkata Registered

You can turn off the wheel , and even hide it, but not he actual body of the driver.