Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Nice grid and huge fun. Quallied on the front row with cookie and denis and we settled into a 3 car breakaway for a long while with some very close racing in amongst the drafting. Made a slight mistake and just dropped off enough to lose the draft with a few to go. Rapt with the podium though. :)

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  2. jjcook

jjcook Registered

last time we ran the 10k i got run out in lap 1 at parabolic. so i feel redeemed or maybe just lucky , it was really any one of the top 3's race right to couple laps and mel was storming it at the end in a push with someone ///great race

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server set for race day. Open qually today guys.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well another fun race in the F3. Quallied in 2nd but muffed the start a bit and settled into 3rd after turn 1 chicane. Denis had a meeting with the wall giving me 2nd spot and cookie and I went off on our own. Cookie had slightly better race pace than me so I was having to push real hard to stay on his tail. Inevitable mistake (spin) saw me drop back a long way but a couple of mistakes by him put me back near his tail. Not clean enough to take any advantage so it was a second place here. Great drive cookie and to all who finished. (only 2 DNF's at Adelaide is always impressive.
    Next week off to Portugal GP where I suck badly.

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sry I'm late posting this. Portugal was huge fun with a 3 car and then 5 car battle out front that lasted most of the race. Cookie was again the master at keeping things clean and went away with the win. Awesome clean fun as per usual. Thx all.
    On another note, sometime over the next few weeks our TS server IP will be changing. Some tweaking happening at NRT and I will let everyone know here when the change occurs.
    Paul

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Silly me forgot to mention next week.
    F3's at Canadian Tyre Motorsport Park, or Mosport as we like to say.;)

7. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Great day at the track, had 12 brave souls for the race!
    Sorry to cookie for a wee tap in turn 2 as he was regaining positions after the incident that put him behind me to begin with.
    See you guys next week!

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Was the usual blast but didn't do as well as hoped. Still heaps of fun as per. This weeek we are at Castle Combe in the F3. Next week, however we are in something different. It's time for the Caterham7 (workshop) @ Cadwell Pk v 1.55 ( Not in workshop but will be found on google) so I will send the link to those who can't find..

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well that was fun. Sometimes you get lucky and I just used a year's supply of it. Inherited the lead after the top two came together but was caught up by cookie and Bumble. A missed shift by Bumble got me to 2nd but there was no catching cookie until he had an off on the last lap leaving me with a big smile on my face. Bad luck cookie you had it shot to pieces until then.

Running the Caterhams this week and will post the track shortly.

10. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Hola - do you use teamspeak or discourse while racing? I'm not so swift on the chat keyboard :-(

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yes we use Teamspeak but not compulsory. 172.245.177.71 Pass = EVE

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I know I say this often but this is the most fun combo I've raced in a long time. Feels so good when you nail a lap.
    BTW track can be found with a Google search.

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Having watched the replay from last week, it appears cookie may have had a brake issue. There were 2-3 corners in a row where his car just didn't seem to want to stop at all. It didn't look like driver error. Maybe wrong though.

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well this is certainly a combination you can't leave til the last minute to get your head around. Many laps needed. :eek::D

15. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

A link to the track would have been extremely helpful, are we not allowed to do that here?

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'm being careful. Already have a warning so if it's not in workshop I don't. Can be easily found on Google. Jump on TS Tucker.

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Qually is set to private today. Whilst there is drafting opportunities in these it is mainly so a hot lap isn't ruined by a blocked track.
    having said that we only had 1 dnf from 2 races last week at RD.

18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Didn't really plug in at all in any session and finished accordingly. Disappointing considering how many laps I put in. :rolleyes:
    This week we are at '66 Hockenheim (workshop) in the tricky F2's. See ya there.

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Quick heads up for those getting booted with wrong vehicle. We noticed the first time you join a server (new UI) you need to select a car at right in vehicle selection or you get the wrong car.

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So this week we are trying out the new Lada mod at Circuit de Dijon Prenois. Both can be found in the workshop. Fun little car.