Released RCCO eX ZERO | Extreme Electric Racing Comes To rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 8, 2020.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

I haven't said anything about F1, i'd like them, off course. I know that this is almost impossible. What is ridiculos for you, would be instabuy for me. Only one good F1. The comunity would make the skins.
    But i'm not speaking about me and my preferences.
    I was saying that spart from GTs there are TCs, WRCs, Rallycross, DTM, V8 Supercars, Drifting, buggies etc.
    Very good car championhips.
    For me, nowadays something different to a GT are good news.

2. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Okay, I wouldn't even call myself a GT3 fan - nowadays, couldn't care less who won - just that I grown to dislike spec racing - it's just nothing but capitalism disquised as cost cutting - there will never be start-up constructors like there was in the 1980s, single seater racing will never be as varies as it was until the 1990s
    So you think S397 should do what Kunos and SMS did for AC and PC - a hodgepodge of partially group of cars?
    As with DTM and V8 Supercars - I don't S397 has chance getting license there - both are taken by Raceroom and Forza, as with Stock Car Brasil and Turismo Carrertera
    DTM - been dead for years - not like it was in 1992 - I doubt S397 wants to get their hands on an already obsolete class of cars
    Rallycross - post Group B ban era was better, not keen on anything that's look likeit's at home at the McDonald's car park on Saturday night

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Ok.
    It's clear that some people only understand what they want and the rest of the car competitions not worth it.
    The only good race cars are the GT3 ones.
    We need more and more GT3 cars because we don't have enough.
    Why not to change the name of the game? (oh wait, that already exists!)

4. Godwind Racing

You're asking for a series that is mostly been spoken for by other publishers (and I suspect GT4 is already being spoken for by Kunos); if you don't like the GT3 cars, there's always the odd F1 cars, Formula Renault, Formula E, Indycar, karts and stock cars; there are mods for F2 and F3. Rather than complain about GT3 cars being introduced into the game; you can always learn how to make a mod rather than complain.

5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Regarding GT3s and GTEs, I prefer that they take a long time to polish these many cars, in all aspects, rather than adding more.

Also, I would appreciate it if there is a lot more variety in the new cars than today. C8R? Pffffff....

For example, and this is just one example, some FWD / 4WD-AWD ..... Historics cars .....

6. lagg

lagg Registered

As i said before, some people only understand what they want.

7. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Front cambers are asymmetric on the default setup on the old UI

8. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Hmmm.
    So maybe S397 should just change the eX Zero class to GT3, judging by the number of unrelated GT3 posts.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  9. Godwind Racing

...which was started by people bitching...like iRental players coming to any rF2 posts (on RD) bitching about the price of DLCs

atomed likes this.
  10. RoWo

RoWo Member

20201227231536_1.jpg For the bug fixing list.

11. Christos Segkounas

Is there documentation or recommendation on how to use the gears in this car.
    I know I can keep an eye on the delta and eventually figure it out myself but I'll be honest here.
    I do a lot of racing here and there, like most people, and I do not have the time to pound in lap after lap for every single car I race.
    So while I generally don't need a help with anything, the electric powerplant is an unknown to me.

Now I dislike the future of motorsport as much as the next guy but besides the powerplant being what it is, the rest of it is just a very fast car, so hopefully it will be fun to race.
    It definitely is challenging because you build so much speed so quickly without really being able to tell by feel and can easily get caught out overspeeding by a million miles come next corner.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's not really important. It's only important under acceleration or at turn in. You can use either, whichever feels best. On the straight you can shift to 2nd whenever really

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  13. Christos Segkounas

By "under acceleration" I take it you are referring to handling and not straightline performance?

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

yes

15. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

I would be also interested with some "documentation". I understand what the setup about "Power Mode" and "Braking mode" do. I would like to know which controls (if available) I can use to change these parameters on the track like it was with Formula E. I can find "Increment/Decrement Mixture" (Power?), but not anymore "Engine Brake Map Up/Down".
    @Christopher Elliott can you give me a feedback about it?

Attached Files:

16. SRGP

SRGP Registered

It seems the engine is now using half the energy. It is not the battery, it is the engine consumption really.
    It would need to be confirmed, but it was working fine in Build 1122. So it would be something strangely somehow brought in by build 1123 :confused:

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

is there a way to put a v10 engine sound on this car, like a mod ? I hate electric sound.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If it's possible to do this via upgrades ("if"... I don't know) it won't work for online play.

It is an electric car, so it sounds like an electric car.

19. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

That is just as dumb as those cars that have a sport mode, where it plays a rumble trough the car speakers haha

atomed likes this.
  20. SRGP

SRGP Registered

After testing, I can confirm the difference between Build 1123 and the "oldUI Beta". The engine uses about half less energy.