Competition System - Change Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Christian Wolter, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hi,

it is possible to change the car in the Competition after the Car is already chosen? Have chosen the wrong car in the GTE session and would like to change, is this possible? Thanks in advance

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No

Tom Tabone likes this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

To elaborate on Woodees post, currently I don't believe it's written into the Code/System to allow for Car Changes, remember this is a Beta so things can and will change in the future and I would hope this is an area that can be looked at on a Per Series Basis.

For now just pretend you're a real Team Owner, make sure you select the car you want for the whole of the Series at the Start, as per real life they can't just chop & change when they want too, so use some imagination and pretend you're Roland Dane!

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Can you change car in Multiplayer in the New UI? you used to be able to in old UI but I can't see the button in new. (not using competition just using dedi server) I want to know because we can't load our personalised skins (since new UI went default, because that's BROKEN now :confused:) and when we join our server if someone else has the standard skin already, you need to change to different car and it looks like you have to jump all the way out and restart rF2 to select different skin. (Seriously? BROKEN:( )
    I've been a fan boy from the start but I don't think I can take much more of this one step forward 2 steps back approach to programming. :(:( I'm frustrated beyond belief
    PS I didn't mean to hijack your thread but it's close to what I'm asking so.....sorry.

Picture shows old UI where u can select car

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    buzz hornet likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@JimmyT No mate, that's not in the new UI yet. It's been mentioned several times during the (last) year, so I'm sure it's on the list.

JimmyT likes this.
  6. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks Lazza.

Woodee and buzz hornet like this.