F1 2010

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Bradley, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Bradley

Bradley Registered

Racecraft likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Selling F1 mods? oooooo how long before the cease and desist?

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Why not?
    If there where a good mod with current F1 phisics would be instabuy for some people.

Oskart likes this.
  4. Racecraft

Racecraft Registered

Lawyers.

5. Bradley

Bradley Registered

Also, rich people want more money.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

2010 models have owners too (with lawyers, of course)

7. TTM

TTM Registered

If you are selling formula mod with F1 name on it and with real teams and drivers you can be sure that FIA will be contact you someday and you have to remove all mods. I have seen/hear it few times in past years.

Only one company can do f1 games and sell it and it's Codemasters, because they have licence for it.

8. lagg

lagg Registered

And they can contact with you, even if you give them for free.
    It's not the FIA, but the FOAM.
    Although it seems that the new owners of F1 are more relaxed with these things.

9. jmarq10

jmarq10 Registered

And probably these are codemasters 3d models converted o_O

10. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Not sure if it's Codies or WCP, but I think it looks like Codemasters' models to me, even the shape of the tyre. So basically, this guy is trying to not only make a profit off of F1's brand, but also off Codemasters models.

god help him when the lawyers come knocking. :eek:

Bjørn likes this.
  11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

How is the mod ?
    I mostly find the mod cars.....craps.

12. TheRealJuralumin

TheRealJuralumin Registered

Just wanted to point out that this guy is not breaking the law, you're just buying access to the beta. v1.0 will be released for free on the steam workshop. They did the same with their 2012 mod, and will also do the same for the 2005 mod. This is no different to what other modding teams like VRC and ASR do, you donate to gain access to the beta of the mod, this skirts around the copyright laws as long as the product is made available for free when it's finished.

I haven't bought any of these mods, so I can't speak for the quality, but I just wanted to point out that it's pretty normal for modders to sell beta access, heck I bought into a couple ASR Formula betas myself.

I'm currently downloading this guy's 2012 mod on Steam, I was curious and honestly if it's any good I might buy into the 2010 mod too, but I saw a comment that v1.0 was coming out on Steam REALLY soon, so probably better to just wait.

Jozo70 likes this.
  13. Jozo70

Jozo70 Registered

Hey so I've followed this guy closely and have paid for the 2010 mod when it came out, It is really well ported into and is really fun, I've talked to the guy and he told me that he used codemaster models for the time being but is currently in the process of doing them all completely from scratch, and really well btw, he will be replacing them with the proper ones soon, for the time being its really fun to play and worth while in the meantime, he's also working on a f1 2005 Mod which is either next or the one after, then its probably another 00's era, either way these guys are hard at work making some good stuff and said they wont be using any other models again.

TheRealJuralumin and atomed like this.