Audio issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DTR, Dec 21, 2020.

1. DTR

DTR Registered

Hi,

I've been having audio issues during gearshifts and when going over curbs. The audio seems to 'crackle', it's kinda like that sound when you touch something and you get a shock because of static electricity has anyone else gotten this problem and knows a solution?

I've also been having problems with the high pitched tones from engines like the 911 RSR to the point where my ears hurt. I've tried turning down the engine sound and sound effects but it has no effect, it just drowns out the engine sound but the high pitch remains very perceivable.

I've never had this problem with other sims like AC, ACC and iRacing but maybe someone could suggest some kind of fix through like an equalizer setting (i am using the Steelseries Arctis 7 wireless headset).

It would be a massive help because right now i'm seriously considering buying speakers to prevent myself from getting hearing damage :p.

Kind regards

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You could try increasing this player.JSON setting slightly (you don't want to go above 50 or 60, for sure):

Code:
      "Sound Options":{
        "Buffer Count":25,
        "Buffer Count#":"Controls size of mixing buffer, small values reduce latency but can cause skipping; latency = 1ms * value, which doesn't include driver\/card\/OS latencies (which are humongous on Windows)!",

3. DTR

DTR Registered

It reduces it a bit, but so far i haven't been able to eliminate it.

Going to try a complete reinstall now.

4. vitto

vitto Registered

in ISI cars there is not this annoying audio crackle, it started with the s397 cars, at first you could hear it passing on the curbs and now also when changing gears.I thought it was my old pc that was failing, but for a month and half I have a new pc new audio speakers, new akg headphones, DAC and quality optical cable, but the problem persists! (all other games or simulators work perfectly) I'm sorry to admit it because rf2 was my favorite simulator but currently the audio it is truly a disaster. unfortunately Lazza's suggestion does not work even on my old pc, until s397 finds the time and resources to understand where the error is during programming, I see no solution to this annoyance:(:(