How MP session should be imho (graphically)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haris1977, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

One of the not so strong points of rF2 is how multiplayer session looks like.

For me it is very frustrating to search within it or use the filter(s). One other minus is the fact that a) the name of the track is not clear enough to be seen (even though it is labelled on the description tab, but this tab can be omitted as i state below) and b) the name of the vehicle / car that takes part on the specific track is missing.

I think it would be better if the devs could add 4 more tabs. Like this:

IMG_2300 - Copy1.jpg
    The description tab could be overrided.

The 4 tabs added: Track (which track the race takes place in), Car (what is the car / class you race with), Track availability (the system checks if you own this track or not: if you own the track then a YES should appear (with green letters) and if you don't , a NO (red letters), Car availability (same as the previous one).

Example>. If you do own the car / track then you hit JOIN to enter the race (without the need to re-download again all the stuff from the beginning). If something is missing, then you hit the download button (downloading only the missing parts) and then entering the game. Straight as it seems.

On the other hand, a new filter can be added also:

IMG_2301_1.jpg

S397 content. If you check it, then the system will show all the sessions with S397 content (cars or tracks, paid or free through steam's workshop). In other words, the system will ommit all the 3rd party car mods/tracks.

Just my thought ;)

Hazi, justposted, Comante and 2 others like this.
  2. atomed

atomed Member

I would add automatically going back to All cars & tracks after leaving any mp session.

Hazi and Vance Le Garde like this.
  3. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Both great ideas.

Vance Le Garde and atomed like this.
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

More often that not... it's not a single car on a server, how would you display that?

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

drop down menu

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Concatenating the different car names in the same text.