New UI - VR mode problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Daigo#47, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Daigo#47

Daigo#47 Registered

[New UI - VR mode problem]

1. When Vsync is set to Software, the frame rate drops.
    Software Vsync has the highest frame rate in Old UI and desktop modes.
    I don't think Software Vsync in the New UI is optimized.
    Currently, GPU Vsync is the smoothest drawing, but Software Vsync has a higher frame rate in desktop mode and I have to change the setting every time.

2. Graphic settings are not saved properly.
    Rebooting the game resets some graphics settings. (Widescreen UI, etc.)

3. If you do not enable Widescreen UI, the mouse cursor will not appear on the right edge of the screen.

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
    2560x1080 monitor display
    Oculus Rift CV1

2. Daigo#47

Daigo#47 Registered

2-2. In-game graphics settings and out-of-game graphics Configuration are not completely synchronized.
    For example, I set it to Borderless in the out-of-game graphics configuration, but it changed to Windowed in the in-game graphics settings.
    First, I find it strange that the in-game graphics settings and the out-of-game graphics Configuration items are not the same. (Out-of-game graphics configuration does not have Widescreen UI, etc.)

3. benborp

benborp Registered

I am also having graphics configuration issues with VR and the new UI. Similar but different.

Using an HTC VIVE with SteamVR rF2 will crash whenever I attempt to change the screen resolution in the UI. It cannot be changed from 1280x720.

Changing the resolution in the configuration tool or via the json is effective until the first time the driving view is exited, at which point it reverts to 1280x720.

The mouse cursor does not correspond to the screen resolution - it is oversized, not visible in the bottom third of the screen, and has a much faster rate of movement when not visible.

Whenever the UI reverts to 1280x720 the outline of the UI remains visible in VR while driving.

Other consequences of the UI reverting to the wrong resolution are a distorted aspect ratio and none of the HUDs being displayed correctly.

4. Daigo#47

Daigo#47 Registered

Thanks for suggesting related issues, benborp.
    After all it seems that New UI is not optimized for VR.
    I like the design of the New UI to some extent, so I want the development team to work on improving it.