New UI / Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Endurancer, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

Hi there,

With the new UI, how can I create a RFCMP file out of the .MAS I have from a MOD I have been customizing in previous versions of RF2?

Thanks in advance.

2. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

And to beb honest, I am lost in this new UI. There is really not a way to use the old one anymore?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For now you can select the old-ui in the BETAS tab in steam. But it's much preferred to use and give feedback on the new one.

Are you having trouble locating the MAS tool? Because there's no launcher, so there's no icon there. But it's still in the folders, and you can run it.

4. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

How can if ind info on a mod like race length before the race starts?

5. Endurancer

Endurancer Registered

there is a "custom" button in the race tab, I think this is what you are looking for

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you mean the old race settings, showing the race laps and start time on a server? I can't find it in the new UI. I think it's not there. But this is probably better in one of the proper UI threads, this thread isn't really general UI stuff.

7. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

I really don't understand the reason for changing something that has been going well for years. I think most of the community will not be very happy with this change. At least give the possibility to use old interface

8. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Registered

Ok, beta program could have been better than it was, but this UI was there for some time...
    If this kind of change is not imposed, it will never happen.

How many old UI users tested new UI more than a few days, to get used to it and report constructive inputs?

9. Dale B

Dale B Registered

Actually I think the new ui is a step up, it's different for sure but once you get used to it I feel it's pretty easy to move around in and get done what you want to do.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You can use the old one.

There would never be good time to switch over. No matter when there would always be complaints because some people just hate change.

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I am not a big fan of how its been done either, i wished they would have allowed the community to have more influence on the drafts by real racing users, but. the new gui also has a lot of benefits like the admin-panel for server-administrators and the better scaling. Let's allow them to improve from here.

A new gui was definately necessary, indeed it was already a long time ago. future features like the competition would not be possible with the old tech which was created in the 90s. First let them get rid of the last tiny bugs. then let them make it have all yet missing features the previous one had and then lets hope they improve from there in big steps.

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  12. Normark

Normark Registered

I realy think this is the most stupid update I have ever seen. I have been using Rfactor since 2007, and I just gave my first official comment on Steam. This is the most stupid update I have ever seen, there is absolutely no logic in the UI and the setup of dedicated server is even worse.
    Please hire a non PC person to help you make this more userfriendly.

Grey likes this.
  13. elbo

elbo Registered

Alot of people have commented about the new UI actually, most easily fixable bugs have largely been ignored over the last few months that the ui has been available.

14. akrab

akrab Registered

i'm having trouble with the new UI, too. First, it is much more difficult to operate than the old version and secondly, the Cursor on VR view is only visible on the left side of the surface to the centre, which means I can't click anything on the right side.

15. Carr

Carr Registered

The MAS2 tool which is used for packaging content and making mods is no longer linked in the launcher UI, you have to navigate to your rF2 folder and it is in Support, then Tools.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Because development on rF2 would have to stop right here if they did not replace the UI. The Comp system is just one example of progress that required re-working the UI. You still have use of the old UI, you just won't be able to take part in the on-going improvements from here on out.
    Remember, change is good, especially when it jingles in your pocket!

17. jymp

jymp Registered

While the new UI looks better, the new UI isn't very user friendly, at least the old was was easy to get around

Normark, mantasisg, akrab and 2 others like this.
  18. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Registered

Im a brand new rfactor2 player having seen the light after years of PC2 and more recently AMS2 and AC. As a result I come into this UI debate with a fresh view of both and after 2 hours of the new I've gone into steam and reverted to the old. My issues- the new has insane levels of flickering in VR between menu screens and it crashed twice in one hour. So far with the old version- I find it easier to use, it is more intuitive, it is more reliable in VR with no flickering or crashes. First thoughts after a days play from a total newbie to this sim.

Normark and akrab like this.
  19. massimiliano1970

massimiliano1970 Registered

I don't like the new interface at all, I try to go back to the old one, and besides that white background is unbearable for the eyes

Normark likes this.
  20. Rock

Rock Registered

Hello
    I do not come to criticize but I have just changed my PC. New RF2 download and I discovered a new UI.
    - I am not connected but when I arrive on the home page, it searches for my favorite servers and it lasts a long time: is there a way to avoid this?
    - I'm trying to write the address, for my own creation mod. I've worked like this before but can't see or notify my other search folder in this new UI. Did you find out how to do it?

Can we go back to the old UI? because I did not find this on Steam.

To be honest I preferred the old one.