Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Little upsetting that they sell a DLC that relies on a setting that currently doesn't exist. Know I can still use old UI but if there's a push to switch over to new, don't think little things like this should be passed over.

2. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I tried to create multiple practice sessions in the new UI, and they turned out to be clones. If I modify any of them, I modify all of them.

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Time of sunrise and sunset at current track in session settings pls. Thank you.

justposted likes this.
  4. boxer

boxer Registered

did you make sure to " simple weather" to "Scripted"? (Same as the old UI)

5. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Sorry, I wasn't too specific. I tried to set the starting time of a practice session and every practice session was changed at the same time to the same time.(That was an interesting sentence.)

6. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Bug report.

- starting a single player race with the BMW M2 CS always results with no AI listed in the pre-race screen. The AI are actually there on track when starting the race but this is problematic for simulating qualifying as the game consider there is no AI. The "Event info" tab has an empty "Number of drivers" field.
    I think this may be caused by the fact this car has 2 specs possible, but no amount of fiddling with "force setup" and changing spec fixed this issue.

- restarting the Week-end always results in a practice session even if the week-end was configured without it.

7. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

In the replay manager, there is a number to scroll drivers. This number is NOT the current scoring position, and it is NOT the driver assigned number. What is it? I have the impression it might be the "slot" number, an internal assigned order number. But this number is useless.
    In the old gui you would scroll the scoring position and it was fine and the only useful. Can we get it back please?
    (+/- scrolls the position, just use same logic and display (update!) position pls)

Matthias Weber likes this.
  8. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Oh well.. I was in settings assigning some more keys. Suddenly it did not react to clicks in the key list anymore for triggering new assign.
    All setting pages when switching got blank see attach.
    Clicking on back arrow: now I have a full white screen and rf2 crashed.

So as I understand http is sending in a kind of pipeline commands and data to the handler code. Obivously there is a lot of instabitllity happening now in the pipeline, in the game internal communication of modules.

Attached Files:

9. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

That happens to me too, thought it was my particular steering wheel but maybe not.

10. J0E

J0E Registered

In the controller settings in the new UI, you can set a min and max for the brake, for example. I like a little deadzone on the brake. So I touch the brake and click min and nothing seems to happen. I press the brake a lot and click max and it doesn't seem like anything happened. In the old UI, the graph would change. Now there seems to be no way to determine what the min and max are.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, someone mentioned that. It no longer shows the entire range with your new range within it; it just immediately adjusts to your new range, so you can't see it. Hopefully it still functions correctly though?

*And just to confirm, it does function correctly, but as stated - it doesn't show the whole range of motion when you bring the min or max in.

@davehenrie below - it's not about the graphs moving/updating, but about the min-max range showing (or not).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  12. J0E

J0E Registered

Lazza, are the min and max stored in a config file somewhere? I looked in the controller json and player json and there doesn't appear to be anything obvious in either.

13. redapg

redapg Registered

@Christopher Elliott Hello. I'm someone that seriously wants to try the new UI now and that always did use the old UI before, because i of course was familiar with it and also because there have been a lot of Bug Reports for the new one.
    As a first Feedback, i want to point to 2 "Issues".
    The first one is the Moment when the Sim starts to load the Favorite Servers.
    Why can't that being started when i select the Multiplayer?
    If i want to race in Single Player, i don't need a Server.
    It's not a big Problem (but disturbing) when i run Steam in online Mode, but when i run it in offline Mode, the Screen "Loading Favorite Servers..." needs around 15-20 Seconds before it closes and i can proceed.
    That is really disturbing when i just want to race a few Laps in Single Player.
    The 2nd Thing is, that there seems to be a general Problem between offline and online Mode.
    In offline Mode, the Game responses very slowly.
    When i e.g. want to select a Track from all Tracks and move the Slider to the right, it sometimes stops and i can not do anything, than to wait until it gets active again.
    That sometimes lasts ~10-15s.
    Or when i customize the Car in the Showroom and get back to the main Menu, it also gets inactive for 10-15s, where i can not do anything.
    That is very disturbing, when you can not proceed in a continuous Flow and have to wait several Times during a Setting Process, just to be able to click the next Button or move a Slider.
    In online Mode it seems to almost be as fast as it was in the old UI, that was equally quick in online and offline Mode.
    I hope that these 2 Things can be improved.
    Basically i think that the new UI has it Pros and Cons, but in the End it's only a Question of when i get familiar with it too.

Mauro likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Should be in the axis parameters in the controller.json.

@redapg just for info, the UI is slower at first than it is later. Especially with track selection, it's generating the thumbnails from the track files so once it's done all those it moves at least a little quicker.

@redapg sorry, I missed the 'steam offline' bit. I've never put steam into offline mode.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

@Lazza Just to be sure, i have tested again what i have reported.
    Is it different for you?
    Do this:
    Start the Game, click "Customize", click the Link of the Car, click "Customize" again to enter the Showroom, do nothing there, click the Back Arrow 2 Times, to get back to the main Menu.
    With Steam in online Mode, i can immediately click the Button "race" for Example.
    With Steam in offline Mode, i have to wait 10-15s to be able to click the Button "race".

EDIT
    I go online only when i want to race online.
    I don't like Steam, so i block everything of it in the Firewall, if i don't want to use it.
    But to the Problem, i don't see a Reason, why the Behaviour between on- and offline Mode should be different, except there is some online Communication between the Game and who-/whatever, that slows down the Response of the Game, when that Communication is blocked.

16. smbrm

smbrm Registered

So now that we are supposed to stay on the new UI, how am I supposed to actually get it to work? I have been trying for hours to get a multiplayer to load. I have content, but when I appear to get into a server, i have no car and can't see my name?? When open the server it requests me to pick a car. When i select a car it just puts the car in the single player window? how do i know the server has connected? This is frustrating!

17. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you have the Imola Track?
    If yes, try to join the Server GermanSimRacing.de-F1
    If have just tried it and could join without a Problem.
    BTW When you join the Server, click "drive" don't click "spectate"!

18. smbrm

smbrm Registered

thanks redapg for responding. been working with Lazza on discord. hopefully making progress.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The graph does change with the new UI, when you press the pedals and turn the wheel. Make sure you have assigned the proper axis for each input.

20. redapg

redapg Registered

Great. I hope you get it solved.