Released December 2020 Build Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 22, 2020.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes, thats very strange. I would suppose it is supposed to be very hot news. Personally, I feel like I am loosing touch, I become all single player and modding alone silently with sometimes unnecessary forum visits like now. Last time I had real fun online was in events of justrace.net, it was very awesome. The only problem is that I was 100% into doing 1967 cars physics for most of the year and my paddle shifter broke, also not as interested in paddle shifter clutchless cars. I would expect of competition system nothing less than justrace.net, and I am scared of it. It would be awesome to get that part of mine simracing spirit back, racing online with friends is huge fun, it is a wonder that rF2 is still so involving and exciting even without that and with worse UI.

pkelly likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I wonder what are the possibilities to plug in old UI interface into new UI. Or at least mod different interface that would resemble old UI more while keeping good things of new UI.

Modders wanted ! Because S397 won't do that. They have done this UI in many years of work, and I wouldn't believe that it wouldn't be anything but perfect in their own eyes.

Wanderpoole likes this.
  3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Since the new UI is simply HTML and JAVA, anyone can make their own version

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I look forward to the modding of the UI... and some people will release their perfect UI for us all to use instead of default.

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You couldn't do that on the old one. The setting was there, but had an asterisk next to it.... which asked you to restart before it would take effect.

pferreirag60 likes this.
  6. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Timeline:

RF2 looks so old I want a new UI

We are working on a new UI but it takes time

I want a new UI right away the old one is so terrible

We need even longer than expected

I want a new UI now the old one is so terrible

Here is the new UI as a beta

The new UI is buggy I'm going back to the old UI

Here is a new almost bug free version please test it because it will soon replace the old one

This is too exhausting for me

Here is another new version that now replaces the old one

The new UI is so horrible I want the old UI

The option is available in the beta but not for long

The new UI is so horrible I'm killing myself

Also funny the use of terms like disaster, catastrophe etc.

I myself am of the opinion that the new UI is not the best I have seen so far and I miss a few things and some things annoy me, but you can also overdo it.

7. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

@Marcel Offermans,
    After a new installation, rfactor 2 no longer starts. So back to the old UI!
    Is there a possibility to get a new UI that works?

8. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

But this is the case in Formula Masters or Marussia, for example, when you choose a brake disc that is too thin for the length of the race. I also have this in the new UI that the remaining brake thickness is not visible after the race (the brake thickness is unfortunately stored in RAM which is why there is no subsequent log), so there is only this option after the race in the setup screen, I just haven't found out yet what the reason is that it is sometimes displayed and sometimes not. Possibly a bug

9. Javibeza

Javibeza Registered

It seems you guys really really don't like chrome painted cars, hahaha... Chrome effect is vanished again! o_O

I hope new UI gets refined soon, until it's fully usable I will still use the old one (I still miss a lot all the replay pedals/speed data and better speed when navigating).

Thanks for your work and happy holidays!

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Hahaha, I feel the salt in this one. No one can be perfect. But I mean... there are things that could be better. Thats all.

I think a lot more effort wenr into whats underneath the UI, than it went to its interface design.

The only technical flaw I am experiencing so far is sticky scroll bars in main menu thats really annoying. I am also sceptical about these transparent png images for nice broadcasting previes, which are all big files, and will significantly increase sizes of car content with lots of skins...

11. lagg

lagg Registered

It's strange.
    I use it always to prepare my races and never has failed to me.

12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

No you could, you just had to restart the race or session, not reload the track. I did'nt realise that myself for a long time, it was quite a revelation when i realised you could, no other title seems to allow it. Having said that this new UI has completely fecked my installation, which now does'nt work. Merry fecking Christmas!

pferreirag60 likes this.
  13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Oh ok, I must have read it wrong then... here was me always coming back out to the main menu! :D

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I firmly believe once it gets in the hands of the modders it will all be perfect, no one will ever have any complaints about someone's modded version.

Lazza likes this.
  15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Going to have to post a bit more info than "it doesn't work". They have no hope recreating your bug if you don't tell more info. How about your system specs? What you were doing when it crashed? Post a trace file?

16. lagg

lagg Registered

Ironic mode off:D

17. Garitt Gibsn

Garitt Gibsn Registered

Attached Files:

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think it is only rare occasions when modder does as good or better than official studios. Or at least it should be so if base product is truly good. Sometimes there are little cults behind modders, just as behind studios, I am not getting into that now... Thats a low chance that some modder is going to "address the issues". But I think thats what you mean as well in between the lines. Anyways, I am the complainer. A terrible person. Complaining about modding just as much, but taking into account that modders do stuff for free in spare time, often with limited knowledge and learning while they working. Except that not complaining, but just expressing opinions of what IMO is not as good as it could be. But it is becoming usual that any criticism is met as complaining as indeed the lines separating these two are blurry. The different is that one is with good intentions other is selfish. Do I love rF2, yes I do, coming close to 2000k hours and enjoyingthe hell out of modding and I see no end. Am I a fanboy ? No.

pkelly likes this.
  19. atomed

atomed Member

+10
    I imagine these people in a real race car. Man, this boxes are so ugly, I like the former color much more. Look at that tarmac, it's disgusting. And guess what, my 500HP racecar doesn't come easy to play out of the box, I have to tune it to my driving taste. WTF, real life racing is 90% of the time struggling and fixing issues.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Only restart the Weekend NOT the Sim, so you never actually left the track.

I have requested that this option is added to the now Default UI.

Woodee likes this.