Game crash with new UI

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TIZIANO BRIONI, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

If you are subscribed to it, it should say Unsubscribe (on that same strange page). But it's very possible you have a different issue.

2. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Thanks, but something tells me it's not me who has an issue here. I do hope they get it sorted out. Bless em.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, I think we're getting a bit confused here.

The content Marcel linked to was causing issues with the new UI. He removed it from the workshop, but people who previously subscribed to it should go to that page in order to unsubscribe. So they are the ones with the issue. It could potentially have been you, but it sounds different as you aren't getting the showroom related message.

The 'strange workshop page' isn't strange, it's just been removed.

Denis Betty likes this.
  4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The link provided by Marcels was to demonstrate whatever old item was located there has been deleted by S397. So apparently, 'some' very much older content is no longer compatible. But I'm not sure of the cure for this issue. (Lazza???)

5. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Yes but I think I'm not the only one that is getting a crash without being subscribed to whatever it was. Would help if somebody named the offending workshop item which should be removed. All a bit ad hoc, but I accept that these issues do occasionally come up. NP, I'll run my event on the old build. Only takes a few moments to switch. :)

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It was that specific item, the game is trying to subscribe to it on startup and failing. People with that issue can go to that linked page and unsubscribe, someone on discord fixed it that way.

Denis' issue is completely different and has nothing to do with this item.

7. yessir

yessir Registered

You could be having the same issue I had - https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rfactor-2-crashing-exception_access_violation.67162/

Try looking for a log file "hs_err_pidXXXX.txt" in "steamapps\common\rFactor 2."

If this is indeed the case, the new update actually fixed it for me whereas on the beta it would crash. This information would at least help the devs.

Denis Betty likes this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Those having startup issues could try the standard 'fix' of removing or renaming the entire UserData folder, Verify rF2 files in steam, and then try again. It puts everything back to default but can fix all sorts of issues.

Denis Betty likes this.
  9. Corti

Corti Registered

Here all good now. :)

10. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Aha, thanks. I have a dozen or so of these files, all generated this evening, after the update. They're suffixed .log but they're text files alright. I see they mention Java.
    OK, I'll read the thread in the link.
    Thanks again. :)

11. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Ofcourse, thanks that did it. I'll start adding bits back till something breaks it again. ;)

yessir, Corti and Lazza like this.
  12. PinPointGenie35

PinPointGenie35 Registered

Latest update is causing a crash to desktop for me.
    Completely fresh install, had to re-enter name and nickname ...but still crashes on start up.
    Screen goes white, i see the mouse pointer with the z's next to it then back to desktop. Dev mode seems to work though ..

Tried the delete Userdata folder but still same issue. Also unsubbed from all workshop content although its trying to download it again. Just trying to get base game working for me again.

Error log states the below plus more:
    A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ff796068e7d, pid=4572, tid=0x0000000000001b00
    #
    # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_111-b14) (build 1.8.0_111-b14)
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.111-b14 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [rFactor2.exe+0x468e7d]
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

Attached Files:

pety100 likes this.
  13. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Server updated to current build.
    Can't race online with old ui in multiplayer as race button doesn't light up have to use new ui to race in multiplayer.
    Game crash after exit server. only used official cars [gt3] and [Spa] track.
    Tested on other server with official content same result.

14. pety100

pety100 Registered

Same here. I deleted 5 times the game, I deleted all rf2 related folder also, then reinstalled the game without any workshop item subsription, and no success. I don't know what is the problem, I tried everything. Do I need to install java or what is the message in the log? Because I don't have java installed and in the message log there is message about java environment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    PinPointGenie35 likes this.
  15. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Try running all 4 executable files in the runtimes folder in ....rfactor 2/support/runtimes

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@pety100 you shouldn't need to install java, no. Apps generally bring their own java environment, so they run standalone.

I don't know why it's crashing, but you're not alone. I wouldn't reinstall it anymore though, that rarely achieves much.

17. pety100

pety100 Registered

Now I have uninstalled the game and I keep an eye on the forum and hoping for a fix in the next days. I don't want to go back for the old UI. My next league race will be in january so I'm waiting for a fix.

18. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Ok for me it works now! OUF!
    In: RF2 / Support / Runtimes, I installed vcredist 2013 .....
    I think it's thanks to that.

Corti and lagg like this.
  19. Interceptor77

Interceptor77 Registered

[QUOTE = "TIZIANO BRIONI, post: 1050877, member: 51544"] Confermo che nel mio caso era il seminario A1, dopo l'annullamento dell'iscrizione funziona tutto al momento : D[/ QUOTE]
    Ciao Tiziano, scusa non sto capendo nulla col traduttore cos'è A1? Cosa togliere dal workshop?

20. Interceptor77

Interceptor77 Registered

[QUOTE = "TIZIANO BRIONI, post: 1050877, member: 51544"] Confermo che nel mio caso era il seminario A1, dopo l'annullamento dell'iscrizione funziona tutto al momento : D[/ QUOTE]
    Adesso è tornata la vecchia interfaccia è possibile? La 1121