Released December 2020 Build Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

David, I saw your post about the VR graphical issue along with Christopher's response stating that the fix would be in the next update. I like you and no doubt the other VR users was a little disappointed to see the bug still present in the latest build.

McFlex and David Short like this.
  2. Jason K

Jason K Registered

The new UI is a very pretty UX nightmare. (please excuse the mild hyperbole)
    • The new buttons don't really look like buttons. Tabs look sort of like the new buttons which is not ideal because tabs and buttons do different things.
    • There's no visual separation for logically different objects. For instance, in the "Assign" tab in settings, there are two separate lists with scrollbars. However, the lists themselves look identical to the background behind them. There's no color differentiation or borders or anything to tell the user "the user-interactive portion of this list ends here and it distinct from this other list here." This isn't a universal problem, because the car setup screen is actually pretty good.
    • Also, what's the difference between the "Race", "Watch", and "Community" (first letters capitalized) button/tabs at the top-left of the window versus the "race", "watch", community" (all lower case) tabs slightly below in the middle and right? I mean, I sort of get that letting you jump into a race using the exact same settings as last time might seem convenient at first but why couldn't you just relocate all the stuff in the "Race" tab to the "race" tab while still keeping the "race" button there. Where's the coherence?
    • Are guys doing some sort of odd font anti-aliasing in the "news" tab but not the "race" tab? I thought my contacts had rotated on me (hooray for astigmatism!) but noticed that only the font in that section was blurry.
    • Exiting a race to a bright white screen while in a darkened room makes your eyes feel like they are going to explode.

It's not all bad, though.
    • The car setup screens are a marked improvement from the old setup. Buttons look a little more like buttons and the user interactive elements clearly pop out of the background.
    • Being able to see all of the folders that contain valid setups for the current is really nice.
    • Relocating the "share" button to the setup window is appreciated.
    • The extra buttons and knobs for the admin functions (changing completed laps, grid position, adding/subtracting penalties, etc).
    • The new camera controls are nice but I do miss the telemetry (speed, RPM, gear, brake/throttle/clutch input, etc).
    • I like that favorite servers are the default. That's sort of the point of having favorite servers and reducing mouse clicks to get to them only reinforces the value of that function.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Elcid43 likes this.
  3. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Maxframerate at player.json still not working in menu and replays, while racing it is working,
    vsync is working in menu, racing and replays.

Flaux likes this.
  4. Carr

Carr Registered

Why is it that we still have to change graphic detail levels in single player only. Being a VR user, I am frequently adjusting them to get smooth gameplay.

5. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

In trailer of ligier i saw this "effect " around the dive planes. It looked like vortex effects or it could be a graphic bug.
    what is this ?
    IMG_9457.PNG

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

downshifting fuel over-flow(backfire) as the car brakes for the turn.
    ((side exit exhaust pipes))

7. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

Same. It's a multiplayer-centric UI (theoretically) without player labels in multiplayer (like the old UI and other sims have). It's really helpful for me to know who I'm coming up on during a race (noob, experienced player etc) and standings display is not the best way to do that, labels are.

Wanderpoole likes this.
  8. Comante

Comante Registered

I can't stand whiny humans anymore. Merry xmas.

9. Carr

Carr Registered

Labels would be nice to have as an option, but I still think a "relative" position display is essential. iRacing has this and it is the only screen that is used when racing. Having relative position list mean you can still see who is around you without detracting from the immersion in VR as much.

TheGame316 likes this.
  10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Hmm seems possible

11. Se7en89

Se7en89 Registered

I don't like the new UI.
    I play 100% singleplayer, I can't change the difficult from the AI ingame. I have to close the race and change it in the menu.

12. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Ok, I tried new UI again today. Another circuit. Exactly same problem as yesterday! I do laps and everything works. I come back to the pits, and it crashes. Direct return office W10! A shame! Give us back the old UI which was perfectly stable and efficient! I am going back to the old one. I am disgusted!

Dady Cairo, SmellySkidmark and McFlex like this.
  13. Berger

Berger Registered

This is horrible sorry
    Anyway I can not set up differential option in setup. Pump, power, coast, preload..

This options used to be below the gears

14. David Short

David Short Registered

Hi Berger
    Its there but you have to scroll all the way to the right in the setup menu. Its in its own category now in the Drivetrain option.
    Cheers

15. RoWo

RoWo Member

It's incredible!
    Sure, the new UI is not bug-free yet and some essential things are missing (e.g. the telemetry displays in replay mode). But what some here complain ... I can't believe it.
    When you get something new, you can't expect everything to be exactly the same as it was before. After all, then it wouldn't be anything new.

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@RoWo You can't express an opinion that you, for example, feel worse at garage menus than in previous UI that worked well at that ?

17. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Any impressions of the long awaited competition system? Not much feedback and strangely no screenshots of it. Does it work?

18. biagio0306

biagio0306 Registered

Hi, after upgrade to the new build I can't install any mod in the packages folder, so I must rollback to the 1121,install the mod, and then go to the new build Also I when go to the pit, the car stop and nothing happen, must exit to the main menu, this is bad, very bad

19. Comante

Comante Registered

You have to wait tomorrow to see it in the works.. so they said.

20. Berger

Berger Registered

Sudden changes disturb me. We, elderly people do not like sudden changes

Dady Cairo likes this.