Released December 2020 Build Update

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Milez

Milez Registered

How do I get the full showroom view in the new UI, pressing return/enter does not work.

2. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

Any chance of vehicles labels soon?

pety100 and Elcid43 like this.
  3. elbo

elbo Registered

crashes in VR, menus are all white, no text

4. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

It must be considered that there is nothing more difficult to carry out, nor more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to handle, than to initiate a new order of things.”

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince 1513

This thread just reminded me of this

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's not the same information. On the left is the setting, the right is the thickness from the last run. It says "wear".

Now, I agree on principle, and hopefully that space gets filled with something more useful and the car condition is moved nearer the settings (or, we get some better car condition information presented elsewhere, with a history from multiple runs...).

Reiche and juanchioooo like this.
  6. Crankie

Crankie Registered

When my computer updates I always have to change back to my graphics card { Nividia )where do I find that now please. Or how do I change back to old start up.

7. DucMan888

DucMan888 Registered

S397 did welcome feedback.

8. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

December new Ui ... learned nothing!
    What do you developers of 397 actually need our opinion on?
    What about our suggestions for improvement?
    It doesn't seem to have reached you.
    Suggest closing the forum. You don't listen to us ...
    You don't seem to care what the normal customer wants.
    It's just a shame ...
    I've been playing rF2 and rF1 for as long as there is one.
    I love your content, graphics of the cars and tracks.
    The new Ui is beautifully colorful, but that’s not much of a use.
    Understand it who wants it!
    Thank you for the worst Christmas present in years
    I'm back to old Ui who's running.
    Happy Holidays!
    Hope you light up ...

pilAUTO, Dady Cairo, Se7en89 and 5 others like this.
  9. Francesco Cherubini

Francesco Cherubini Registered

That is great news. This could be the greatest step forwards for the title. I see a lot of complaints about the new UI which needs to be optimized but in this moment I am just thankful. As an active iRacer as well, the production of a community that challeges each session for every single point of rating, every single victory to be added in the stats, or just for the pure pleasure of racing and not just driving will make you forget the little bugs that could be encountered once in a while. I mean in some other platforms( cough cough...) most of the drivers tend to forget the absolute garbage of a tire model that is presented to drive, just for the pleasure on online racing... If you haven't tried it yet you will understand later...

instinkt likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Start the game from Steam via the PLAY button. You'll get the option to run the video config.

11. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

It crashes after a few laps of the circuit, in return to the garage mode. The circuits also take longer to load.
    I prefer to go back to the old ui. I had already tried your new Ui, but I have non-stop return offices....
    :(

12. RoWo

RoWo Member

Unlock the lock!

13. stonec

stonec Registered

While it's true that the old UI will be available at least for some time in the betas tab, as you pointed out, the new features will probably at some point require the new UI. Currently the old UI has its own branch that includes the latest release build, but the moment the old UI branch is no longer included in a new build, it stops being useful as you won't be able to join online races for example anymore.

So I would also suggest use the new UI if possible as eventually you'll have to either way (and yes, I do have a list of things I'd want improved as well).

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

when you launch from steam you are given 3 options, play rf2, run video config too, dev mode. Choose the 2nd. AND YOU SHOULD BE DOING THIS WHENEVER YOU LAUNCH RF2!!! This has been an issue for years, I say it's random, but others here say there are pre-defined actions that cause it. In either event, the video config gets lost or scrambled and you are assigned either to auto or Microsoft video, which won't work except on the smallest of screen resolutions.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Press the customize button next to the select button.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

RoWo already answered this post, and you're not answering the correct question.

davehenrie likes this.
  18. Wanderpoole

Wanderpoole Registered

Go back to the old UI for tonight then begin your New UI journey this weekend

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats a good quote. But I don't think it fits to this thread. It is about subject of this thread which is UI. The fact that some of us aren't so far enchanted by new UI is probably just a small fraction of difficulty of work with it. However I suppose it is large fraction of the danger, because if UI won't make people happy, the less they will want to turn it on. Are people unhappy for correct reasons ?? Well thats why people discuss.

In fact I think the thing related to that quote is true to rFactor2 as a whole. ISI made this step years ago. Now S397 is carrying further. And to some little bit modders too as content and app makers

I hate to think that day might come soon....

The thing about new UI is that IMO it must be better in all aspects. But it is not. I wish it will be. But I don't see it being "addressed".

Juergen-BY likes this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Well that is useless information, if you change to another info of the size of the disk you already know which one you put