Automated skin pack creation

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Remco Majoor, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So i was looking into making a skin pack for a team event for christmas. I looked at the guide, and was just baffled how many steps it takes, and how long it will take.

I think Jimmi mentioned using a script or something to automate it. Why isn't there a skin pack creation tool that does exactly that? Throw you skins in there, the game should know what upgrade file is needed, and automate the insane process that is making a skin pack.

2. Just to be clear, the way i am doing it in VEC is different. I have an excel sheet that create the .veh on a command, but there are more than this way to do it. But since PSD hardly is correct when submitted its basically useless to not open it in Photoshop to check and correct before saving it.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  3. TTM

TTM Registered

Yes, it would be ideal to have all in one tool where you can drag and drop or select all necessary files from folder. Then you just have select correct car and then add driver and team name + create talent file and in the end tool automatically creates mas and package files....

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  4. guenther

guenther Registered

A "drop files, select track and you are done"-magic may be possible at some point, but besides tons of code you will have to make a lot of decisions for the user to make it "easy" enough. And it may be not a good fit for users' use case, as you have to make the decisions at implementation for them - or implement even more code for giving options.

Shameless self promotion: I'm working on a software for packaging/ building/ managing servers: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/apx-rfactor-2-orchestration-project.67628/

atomed and Remco Majoor like this.