[REL] F1 1979 HISTORIC EDITION 2.02 BY POSTIPATE

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Agree with this, like i've already said previously in these cars if you don't blip the throttle almost nothing happens, in previous versions it wasn't like that, which was way more realistic and you needed to drive carefully to match engine revs when downshifting... I think you've done a great job with the mod visuals, but the driving is more forgiving than it was, which steals the fun...

This was the best mod for rFactor1, it's a bit sad that in a more advanced simulator this mod became worse and easier to drive...

In this moment driving the Flat6 is way more fun and challenging that driving the F1 1979...

Mauro likes this.
  2. Comante

Comante Registered

Define "easy" .yes you can have fun without too much fuss, but you can always crank AI up and try to match their laptimes.

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i have to test better this F1 1979 in christmans holiday (i didn't have time in last months)

but i totally agree to your words.
    for me all historic mods should have autoblip and autolift disable
    (and -like Flat6 mod and a lot of rf1 mods- you could easily drive them with 2 pedal too. you need only a little of practice)

if this F1 1979 mod haven't that, i wish in a future update

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It could possibly be turned on or off in the upgrades? No harm in offering it for accessibilities sake. I'd imagine there are many simracers (possibly with physical disabilities) that want the option.

5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Why that?
    For me that kill the magic of an historic mods
    You could easily drive without aublip and autolift with 2 pedals too.
    Just a little of practice like flat6 mod

You don't need to made pole position times. Just drive and enjoy the magic of that era

Seems that on rf2 all drivers become arcadish compared to rf1
    If you like easily cars with automatic gear and aids there are innumerable modern mods
    A strong point of historical mods should be the pleasure of managing the gear shift

EDIT: just saw you have edited your previous post insert disabilities. There is autogear option

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Doesn't kill anything. Would you rather that people with accessibility requirements be excluded from a game they might enjoy? How is having the OPTION that is NOT FORCED affect how YOU enjoy the game exactly?

7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Why flat6 mod haven't autoblip on?
    Because that is the car

And if you add a fictionary help you haven't drivers in the same condictions in online events.
    An alternative good choice could be the possibility of autoblip and autolift but with aggravate performance like autogears
    But for me better choice is force all players to learn the pleasure of managing the gear shift like flat6 mod, GPL and a lot of rf1 mods

Rui Santos likes this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah.... fuck disabled people eh? Why should they get to play games if gatekeepers like you cry about these OPTIONAL aids being an assault on the realism. You do realise that as an upgrade you could force it ON or OFF if you really wanted to.

Having an option there DOES NOT AFFECT YOU IN ANY WAY if you chose not to use it. Do you understand?

Sergitroon likes this.
  9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

EDIT. ok you have edit your message
    As i know server upgrades filter have problems on rf2.
    S397 have fixed that?

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

No... I am just wondering why having an optional aid to help accessibility is such a problem for you when it does not affect you in any way.

11. Mauro

Mauro Registered

If no
    Because for do a favor to few offline users it compromises the driving pleasure of the entire online community

P. S. And anyway for all mods that have that possible of choice, all servers (or almost) use the default arcade settings ruining the driving experience.
    I'm thinking to the rf2 community not to myself only

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Having something OPTIONAL means YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE IT. Your last line contradicts everything you say you stand for.

Benefit to the entire community is to get as many people playing as possible. Or do you want to just gatekeep and have it all to yourself, in your comfort zone and screw the rest?

So what if someone has to run with traction control on a mod that doesn't require it in real life?

Why have colourblind options in a game when I am not colourblind? Because it's NOT all about ME. Do you get it?

Why have auto gears in a game when I am perfectly able to change gears with the all fingers I have available to me? It NOT all about ME. Do you understand?

Having an auto-blip OPTION that YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE would be of use to some people. It is not your job to dictate that the way YOU want to play is the ONLY way to play. Having something OPTIONAL does not dilute your fun or experience because you don't have to use them. Do you understand? Some else's reliance on a driving aid does not dictate the way you have to play. Do you understand?

COMPROMISE is admitting that the way YOU play is not the ONLY way to play. Do you understand?

IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU.

I personally wouldn't give two shits if a mod came with an arcade like upgrade. I may not use it, but someone else might and they could enjoy it. Why would I want to ruin their fun? Just because I wouldn't use it doesn't mean someone else shouldn't.

Eric Rowland and Art_Pereira like this.
  13. Mauro

Mauro Registered

I'm thinking to rf2 community because i want most drivers could have the best driving experience with an historic mod.
    Arcade is the evil in a driving simulator, Rf2 is not project cars

You don't understand that if a server uses arcade settings, most people use those settings because it's easier to control the machine. This is the bane of many online leagues

And offline if there is the default arcade option
    80% of drivers will use that setting ruining their driving experience and not enjoying the historical mod as they could.

An easy solution used in f1 1979 mod on rf1 is the possibility of autoblip and autolift but with a little aggravate performance (like autogears)
    This way most drivers will tend to use realistic settings and they could taste the magic of an historic experience

Lars and Rui Santos like this.
  14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Nobody is f***ing disabled people! Stop that! There are a LOT of things disabled people can race on if they find a REALISTIC mod more difficult! Anyway we're talking about blipping throttle when downshifting, if those people can ACCELERATE, then they can give a touch on the throttle when downshifting right?

Lars, Andrew Hollom, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

16. philrob

philrob Registered

I have not forgotten the Longbeach 79 conversion it looks and drives much better now. I have had a problem when my Fanatec wheelbase broke. Now replaced so am continuing work, the road has a problem.
    I can post it now if anybody wants to use it ?

17. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

This was fun to watch! Warmed my heart. Hopefully you guys had good time :)

Eric Rowland and atomed like this.
  18. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Great vid
    And Seems they have updated the track
    Is it possible to have a private link of that?

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Updated how? Still looks like the Senormen Legends version with changed banners.

I have been streaming my 100% season with F1 1979 tracks, it has been an adventure!!

Mauro likes this.
  20. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

I saw one of your streams! Looked fun :)

Woodee likes this.