Help with mirrors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by danieloxi49, Dec 6, 2020.

1. danieloxi49

danieloxi49 Registered

Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the mirrors in the cockpit without turning off the virtual mirrors? I'm hoping theres a way to do this to help with my fps even if its a little. Also when I'm racing i will sometimes go down to 50 or so fps but when i press the "look back" button my frames shoot up to 120 plus. Super weird, anyone know why this happens?Tweakbox

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Rendering mirrors means drawing a whole other view (looking backwards) which is what can pull your fps down. Having virtual mirrors or the car mirrors usually makes very little difference - either way that whole backwards view is being drawn, along with your forward view of course, and having to do both will affect performance.

The look back in itself doesn't seem to make much sense, though if it does mean your view and any mirrors are now the same it certainly might help. Other than that it could be object culling or just the fact you're looking at something different, I haven't looked back enough to judge...

3. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

can someone help me to find where in NEW UI is virtual mirrors ON... i can find only mirrors On, but cant find anywhere virtual mirrors

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It's one of the number keys (always has been). 4 I think? Pressing multiple times will cycle through all the mirrors.

5. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

thank you.. it was 3

Woodee likes this.