Fanatec Wheel Base Drivers

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Highlandwalker, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

The cars do vary a bit in AC, try adjusting road effects and slip effects may help. How does the new KTM X-Bow car feel to you, for me it feels good with the settings in this post. If you are using Fanalab make sure you have Dynamic FFB disabled. You could try an app for AC call FFBClip, I am using this app and it adjusts FFB as you drive and it saves the setting for each car, it takes about 2 to 3 laps for it to find the correct level of FFB, you can also adjust it manually with the slider, it's default setting is 100%. I have it set to 85% for the KTM it works in similar way as the FFB Mult setting in RF2. If you decide to use this app ensure you have DYNAMIC switched OFF. Hope this will be of help.
    Link to FFBClip. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ffbclip-app.7910/

The Great Apt likes this.
  2. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

@Highlandwalker

Thank you for your helpfulness. Your tips for the FFB are priceless. Whether AC or rF2. I thank you. My FFB at CSW 2.5 is now almost perfect !

Highlandwalker likes this.
  3. Highlandwalker

Luiz Paulo Abreu and memoNo1 like this.
  4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

csl elite ps4 version owner here
    all run smooth and perfect with new drivers

t0p5ecret likes this.
  5. Sander H

Sander H Registered

Question about fanalab in combination with RF2, using a CSL Elite and Clubsport Formula 2020 wheelrim. Since I finally installed fanalab today, I have some issues with it. At first the rev lights on the wheel were a little bit buggy, they were not properly alligned with the actual rpms while driving. While going full throttle through a gear the rev lights were going up as usual but 2 or 3 times during a gear it goes down 1 light and then forward again.

I found this site for a solution, to turn off the native led functionalities rf2 has.

http://www.eksimracing.com/f-a-q/disable-native-support-of-fanatec-and-g27-in-rfactor-2/

With these controller json settings changed, fanalab now works good. However, now my auto rotation on my wheel stopped working, so its always 1080 degrees no matter which car I select, I didn't change anything apart from the above. I changed the 'use additional hardware features' back to 1 and auto rotation works again, but now the rev lights are bugged again.

Anybody got a clue whats going on? Thanks in advance.

6. Highlandwalker

These are my controller json settings.
    "Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness":50,
    "Steering Wheel Bump Stop Harshness#":"Harshness applied to bump stop when limiting steering wheel rotation, from 1.0 to 100.0, acts as a spring rate",
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default":900,
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation Default#":"Default maximum wheel range to use when not read from driver, from 40 to 1440 degrees",
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver":true,
    "Steering Wheel Maximum Rotation from Driver#":"Whether to read the steering wheel rotation from the wheel driver, if possible",
    "Steering Wheel Range":504,
    "Steering Wheel Range#":"Degrees of steering wheel rotation, both visual and physical (if available)",
    "Steering Wheel Software Rotation":true,
    "Steering Wheel Software Rotation#":"Whether to limit the maximum steering wheel rotation in software",
    With this version of Fanlab I had to set SEN to 900 instead of AUTO to get the correct wheel rotation. REV LEDs work ok for me, check the percentage settings in the LED settings in Fanalab and ensure it's enabled.

Sander H and memoNo1 like this.
  7. Sander H

Sander H Registered

Highlandwalker likes this.
  8. Highlandwalker

Glad to be of help. Not sure about signals for flags because I have a Formula Carbon wheel which doesn't support flag leds.

9. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Tried to install the new beta, getting PC Driver 373 and WB FW 672.

When I open the app it tells me the f/w is not the latest; are you on 373 and 672?

EDIT: Had to update on a different PC, for some reason the Beta wasn't happy updating on the sim-rig.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@The Great Apt driver is 372 if i remember well and updated by watching a youtube video by boostedmedia.
    i m not at home atm

11. Highlandwalker

The latest driver is version 373 and the wheel base version is 674 - 22. I haven't tried the 373 drivers yet so can not comment on these at the moment. I am running the 372 driver version at the moment and wheel base 674 - 22 without any problems. When installing new drivers ensure you uninstall the old drivers with the wheel switch off, I usually reboot the computer after uninstalling and then install the new driver with the wheel switched off and when installed then switch wheel on, you should then be able to update the firmware.

12. The Great Apt

The Great Apt Registered

Aye all sorted, think the issue was trying to run the update via RDP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. Highlandwalker

I have been using driver version 373 and Fanalab 1.47 without any problems so far, a couple of small changes to settings as listed below.

In game setting.
    SMOOTHING - 2
    Min FFB - .5

Wheel settings.
    SEN - 900 (Had to set to this with the latest version of Fanalab to get the correct wheel rotation. If you are not using Fanalab AUTO will probably still work.)
    FF - 100
    DRI - -2
    FEI - 70
    FOR - 50
    SPR - 10
    DPR - 10
    BLI - 100
    SHO - 80

Also a setting change in the Controller json file.
    Set to 1 instead of 0

"Steering resistance type":1,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",

This setting is not a huge difference but seems that you can feel slides better and when your loosing grip and also easier to save slides. This can be used with the older drivers as well not just the latest drivers. I have found this to be a worth while change.

I have also found that the FFB multiplier in the game settings is very important, if you set it too high the FFB drowns out a lot of fine detail. It's better set it to a low setting to start with and then increase it until you start to loose detail and then come back about .2 to .5. My typical settings range from .6 to .95, this is car dependant, average setting .7 to .8.
    Hope some of you may find this useful.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    memoNo1 likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For the first week or so I did not try to use Fanalabs. But I have twice now and nothing seems to change/happen. How do I know Fanalabs is working?

15. Highlandwalker

Fanalab does't change how the wheel feels it's another way of setting the wheel settings and the ability to save and load the settings to the wheel base for different sims and for a different cars if that particular car needs slightly different settings than normal it's usually FEI that needs a slight change, less if that particular car feels harsh and more if it feels a bit dead. If you make adjustments in Fanalab they are transmitted directly to the wheel base and if you make any adjustment directly on the wheel they are transmitted to Fanalab so you can save them if required so there is no need to loose any of your settings. You can also start the sim from Fanalab. Hope some of this has been of help

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  16. DTR

DTR Registered

Do you still recommend these settings for driver version 381? I'm using them right now although i've got the FOR setting at 90, i prefer some resistance to kind of 'lean' against in corners otherwise i kind of feel like i'm on ice.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have v373 for my CS2.5 but the updater says that is the most recent version .

18. DTR

DTR Registered

19. Highlandwalker

The best way to install drivers is manually. Switch your wheel off and then uninstall the drivers through windows APPS & FEATURES, I usually shut down my computer after uninstalling. Restart computer install drivers, to install run Fanatec 64 driver 381.msi file from the zip file. When installed switch your wheel on and run the Fanatec Wheel Property Page to update firmware to the latest version. If you are using Fanalab install version 1.53, same procedure as drivers. Hope this may be of help.
    https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2.5

20. Highlandwalker

These are my latest settings.
    I have been using driver version 381 and Fanalab 1.53 without any problems so far, a couple of small changes to settings as listed below.

In game setting.
    SMOOTHING - 2
    Min FFB - 2.5%
    Vehicle Set - Ticked

Wheel settings.
    SEN - 900 (Had to set to this with the latest version of Fanalab to get the correct wheel rotation. If you are not using Fanalab AUTO will probably still work.)
    FF - 100%
    DRI - -3
    FEI - 80
    FOR - 60%
    SPR - OFF
    DPR - OFF
    BLI - 85%
    SHO - 100%
    BRF - 50

Also a setting change in the Controller json file.
    Set to 1 instead of 0
    "Steering resistance type":1,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",

This setting is not a huge difference but seems that you can feel slides better and when your loosing grip and also easier to save slides. This can be used with the older drivers as well not just the latest drivers. I have found this to be a worth while change.

I have also found that the FFB multiplier in the game settings is very important, if you set it too high the FFB drowns out a lot of fine detail. It's better set it to a low setting to start with and then increase it until you start to loose detail and then come back about .2 to .5. My typical settings range from .6 to .95, this is car dependant, average setting .65 to .8.

The 381 driver seems to make the wheel feel smoother without loosing detail with the settings above.
    Hope some of you may find this useful.

DTR likes this.