What Is This About?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by vegaguy5555, Dec 13, 2020.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/massive-understeer.171122/

I am stunned by this thread in RD.
    It's an honest question! One I had been asking for years. And we are told we are the only one's with this problem and then I come across threads like this. There is no excuse for someone to be treated like this.
    Has anyone heard from 'patchedupdemo' ? I hope he's ok?

I'm here to say I fixed this problem but don't fully understand how. I can only tell you what I did and how it feels now. But I can first hand understand the frustrations of 'patchedupdemo'!
    I'm not here to run down any sim but just here as an AC fan and let you guys know I'm embarrassed by my fellow AC fans. I'm truly heart broken I didn't notice this thread until after it was locked.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We have an off-topic section, though I don't see any reason to put it there either.

mantasisg and Kevin van Dooren like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

All I can say is that it is supper hard to get into proper fruitful technical talk in online public spaces of simracing, and it seems to be getting harder. I would not defend or support anybody. I'd just love to say that objective discussions are at decline, and subjective abstract drama where bunch of guys gets lost in the weeds is very common.

I guess best thing is not to see and not to know any of that. Yet it is tricky to achieve, and probably would only happen if all of us would loose our internet connections permanently.

P.S. I blame Facebook and Twitter for ruining internet. Back in the day, we used to think before posting.

Emery, mel1c, atomed and 1 other person like this.
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes. He was here all the time a couple of years ago and went into massive long rants about rF2 as well. Later on he claimed his brother had hacked his account and that was the reason for his poor behaviour, but he continued with similar threads on RD, which makes me think his ban was deserved.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Oh wow!! Hadn't heard about that.
    Thanks for the update!
    I was kind of wondering. Hadn't seen him for awhile.

6. Hocician

Hocician Registered

yeah i remember the situation with his annoying behaviour and than talking ala "my brother has hijacked my account" blablabla...

7. Filip

Filip Registered

I am stunned too.
    Poor guy has a massive understeer and no one understands him.
    Now he probably has massive understeer away from simracing communities.
    No wonder, see how they treat him here where he tried politely and scientifically to present his valuable observings:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/discuss-rfactor2.36890/page-97#post-1073549

BTW he probably had problem with motherboard or SATA cable as they can cause understeer.
    CPU (even if overclocked) can cause oversteer.
    Antivirus is known to cause wheel locks (AVS -> ABS ??!? connection?!? see?)
    I do and tried to tell about these problems but no one listens as if they don't exist or even as if the problem don't exist.
    But I can be sured that this games are like arcade games that are not sims like true sims.
    Only if we listen is gonna happen change to devs that are trying to cater arcade fans of true sims and not some kids arcade understeer fans that no real car behaves like that and they try to convince us is the realism.

mantasisg and Lazza like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This sounds so neat.

This made me think what would happen he would have oversteer. Probably nobody would overstand him then :D

Emery, Lazza and Filip like this.
  9. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Congratulations!
    You guys all look so smart, putting someone down, obviously having problems we are not aware of!
    Stay safe and be happy that your lives are better than patchedupdemo's!!
    Merry Christmas!!

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I think mine could possibly be worse.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's possible, but if you're drawing that conclusion from his posts (and it certainly doesn't sound like you know him any better than that) I think you're really succumbing to some sort of confirmation bias.

All I've seen via your links here to those forums (which, really, I don't think even belong in off-topic - bagging a game in another game's forum is just weird, and the fact it probably happens elsewhere doesn't change that for me) is you making tenuous links between some system issues and game performance, even when the dev (if I understood correctly) directly responded to rule it out - based on an actual knowledge of how the game works - and now you finding an old closed thread there, liking demon's posts, and starting a thread here about it which seems completely pointless.

Part of the reason I'm here is to escape, for a time, real world dramas, seems to me that's true for a lot of people yet I still know of several cases where people are having a seriously tough time. Interestingly I never see those people engaging in petty disputes in forums.

All patchedupdemon discovered is that if you say silly things people will remember it. I don't know why you think that makes him a victim.

atomed and Filip like this.
  12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I didn't say he was a victim, It's not very nice putting someone down. I just don't talk to them.
    As far as asking an honest question, even one you don't understand, is not a crime. And then I find a solution to my problem, which you don't understand, is still not a crime. Heck, I don't even think anything less of you but the whining and belly aching that goes on until the thread is locked is a crime.
    If I don't know something I do research, testing and ask questions. I don't put others down to look more intelligent and disrupt the thread.
    I'm sorry my problem with my computer disturbs you so much. Trust me, it had disturb me much more!!
    Why the motherboard was throttling the PCIe, burning out M2's and SSD's I have no idea, but it's the only hard evidence I have that something was wrong. I understand everything else is just conjecture but I'll figure it out eventually. Then I'll know more than you and I can put you down. But I probably won't because I don't get off on crap like that.
    And if you feel I'm putting you down now? Don't! Physicist and doctors act just as childish! So you're in good company!!

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That thread is a dog's breakfast, from all sides. Posting it here like patchedupdemon was picked on by a bunch of bullies is disingenuous and completely pointless.

Whatever else you are going on about above, I don't know.

14. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I must be getting old. I DO NOT understand what this thread is about.
    As far as I can tell it's about someone fixing a problem that was raised by a third party in another forum, about another sim, can't explain how they fixed it and is upset that they can't post there because the thread was closed and that no one cares, apparently.
    So the title makes sense at least.
    PS: sorry to hear about his massive understeer (is that a contradiction?).

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I quit readingthis thread days ago and can't believe this is still being discussed. I've seen PUD's posts for years, I would not be surprised if he's the OP here. Fairly common on boards where users create a fake persona to argue with. Miscommunication can happen, but when one party continues to stoke the flame of indignation, you can usually be assured they are not looking for a solution.
    Have a great day folks.

nonamenow likes this.
  16. Filip

Filip Registered

Demon and vega are not the same person.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I guess the bottom line is, it's not nice to be talking crap about someone who is not here to defend themselves.
    And all you need to know about me is, I would be here for any one of you guys in the same situation.