Released Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

Is it also at Sao Paulo the case?

2. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Registered

Is this on tracks that have a Right Handed Bias? Thus putting more stress on the left hand side of the car.

J

3. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

I think that the majority of tracks run in a clockwise rotation so therefore more load on the outside tyres i.e. left hand.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is the weight balance 50:50?

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is in all the circuits that I have tried, and there are many

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It has no weight distribution, it is set by default, you cannot see what it is

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It does not matter if they are more curved to the right or to the left ... the wear is always excessive on the left side

8. Comante

Comante Registered

You bought a car with a fat driver maybe :D Don't have the car can't help, sorry, could not resist.

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

maybe yes, a very fat driver:);)

10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

check the wheel loads in tyre setup menu. (where you setup pressures and camber). i have 488 GTE and if i remember correctly the wheel loads left to right is same.
    there are cars with uneven wheel load like radical and porsche cup and more. so for this cars you have to play with ride heights if i'm correct (official radical manual suggested adjusting rear ride height to get wheel weight right). unfortunately the wheel loads are not updated so we have no clue. I hope they give us live wheel loads feature in setup menu along with aero setuff.

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is a failure of the Ferrari, neither sao paulo nor anything at all, it always spends much more tire on the left side

12. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

can we report the bugs seen on the car F488 GT3 evo?

BRAKE GLOW
    even at 1000 °C no brake glow
    488-brakes.jpg

TIRE
    in showroom and on tracks, bottom of tires are in the ground.
    is it because of the cold pressure in tire ?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    juanchioooo likes this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

They are busy in the competition system ... ... the repair of the other errors will be left for three or four years;):cool::cool::cool:

14. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Is there any reason why the 488 GT3 eats tires like nothing? The tire wear is insane. You cant do anything - soft, stiff, high, low - you have 30% higher tire wear than a cv7 or bently, mclaren. It´s absolutly ridicolous. You have no chance to be comptitive in a full fuel stint, let alone 1.5 stint races (80, 100minutes). People regulary have to take meds at least on fronts to avoid a time taking tire change at pit stop. After 20 laps latest you have a natural 0.3 sec/minute disadvantage at least

To my knowledge, the 488 gt3 and the CV7 share the same tires, front 30/68/18, rear 31/71/18. The Cv7 has more load on fronts ( callayway told me for 50% fuel 48/52% load). Yet the Cv7 is much more gentle on fronts and has much less tire wear.
    A mclaren is not far away from concept, yet much more gentle to tires.

The 488 gt3 was a copy from the gte, we all know in first release fuel consumption and capacity was like for gte. Is it possible some correction factors (non-physical based) are still in place? Sry but there is no physical reason to explain that disadvantage.
    S397 Please have a look and correct
    Thank you

davehenrie likes this.
  15. RoWo

RoWo Member

Stefan, with that 488 GT3 you gained 3rd place in an 80 minutes race in a competitive grid. Is it really that bad?

16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Yes it is. Its even worse than it might look at first glance. Its definitly something to look at.
    Please tell whole truth: the 2 leading driver eliminated themselves, 2 more right behind me blew engine and got damage hitting other spinning car (both would have catched me), one car was right behind me at s/f easily catching me in a further lap, and the grid was splitted into 2 so there were some competitive rides in superior cars in grid2. No way to finish 3rd in normal race against better cars. Would be 10+ normally

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021