MOTEC what version to use for RF2 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrMaverick, Dec 14, 2020.

1. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

At the moment I am using Motec v 1.0.21.0030 .
    At first I tried using the latest version from the Motec site. It worked but if I went to open a log file from a driving stint it would come up with a window saying that it could not open the file.( Do I need a newer Ver of the DAM plugin installed ? )
    Do I need a particular plugin installed to read those files or do the latest Motec versions not work with RF2 ?
    The older version I am using is fine but I was wondering with the damper info, it seems that there should be more info displayed with regards to bump and rebound. All im seeing is bar charts that are all the same color with no distinction between bump and rebound. In the channels all I can find are the DAMPER VEL channels for each wheel. Is there a way to have the bump and rebound channels available or is this info not available in RF2?

2. lagg

lagg Registered

If you're going to use DAMPlugin you need i2 Pro V1.1.4.0454

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@MrMaverick you may have used someone's project in the past that gave different colours, the default probably does less than you remember.

I2Pro current version should work fine as lagg says. There aren't separate bump and rebound channels - bump and rebound just refer to the direction of travel, so the suspension pos/vel reveals both.

lagg likes this.
  4. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

I have just retried the i2 Pro V1.1.4.0454 that you mentioned above and it still says when I try to open a file " This version of i2 supports Pro Logging enabled files. " and wont open the file. How do you get this version to open the files?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't think you're opening a DAMPlugin created file. Check what plugins you have.

6. lagg

lagg Registered

Could be possible that you are using the Telemetry Plugin?

Edited: Posted a bit late (sorry Lazza)

7. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

What plugin do I need to get for the latest Motec to open files ?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

9. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Ok now I can open the files with the newer plugin . New problem - now I have no damper readings at all. they are not even in the channels list so I can make one.Actually there seems to be a lot of missing channels now. Mind you I didn't delete the old plugin before install. maybe that has something to do with it.

10. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

Is there another plugin to use? this one seems to leave out a few of the channels that I had with the older version I was using.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd start by making a copy of your i2Pro project.

Then in the new one, find the graphs with missing data and update the channel names to the new ones (press V on your keyboard to see the logged channels) or use the alias function to map the new ones to the old.

You may need to enable some channel groups in the DAMPlugin.ini. (the first post in that thread links to a post with a group and channel list)

If there are actual channels missing let me know, but I think I've got just about everything.

12. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

I had a look through that thread in opening post but couldn't find anything to do with dampers. I had a look on youtube but the only thing I could find was a vid of someone modifying and making up there own channels but it was all in Swedish, bit hard to follow when you don't understand a word they are saying. Ive gone back to the 2012 version I was using before.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The older telemetry plugin doesn't log 'dampers' either, i2Pro uses the Susp Pos channels to calculate the damper velocities.

If you go to a suspension histogram -> properties, you'll see a Velocity Calculation tab. In there you can select which channels to use for suspension position (it'll generally find them correctly automatically), and adjust the filter time and motion ratios as needed.

If you want to stick to the project you have, and the plugin you have, that's fine. I get the impression you got it from somewhere/someone and don't actually know that much of how it works, so if you want to stay that way just keep doing what you're doing.

*For the DAMPlugin, the group you'd want to enable is Suspension_1.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020