eX Zero

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeraArg, Dec 8, 2020.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Yes it is less fantasy than Zero, because even if the shape wouldn't be a proper 70 car he will reproduce how it drives/feel in reality...
    In this case, the Zero, not only has a fantasy shape but even specs are fantasy ones since wasn't never built or tested...it is an electric dream...no one built, driven it...
    Even the fictional Howston is a Lola on disguise but you know no matter the shape you are driving/feeling a Lola on your steering wheel...

2. Comante

Comante Registered

I disagree, because Chief has access to very limited real data of the cars he is modeling, so the end result may mimic the real counterpart (think suspension geometry) but is not . ExZero on the other hand has all the data , but it now exist only on paper.
    To each his own .

3. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

This is why I put the Howston/Lola example too...;)

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am all for the fantasy or fictional stuff in simulation (especially cars that are fictional representations of real cars). But not 10 year old level of fantasy or "mid age crisis" mans fantasy who has hollywood super hero action movies mentality. I am all for fantasy of engineers, and fantasy of experienced, skilled software and content developers, who will make the fantasy reasonable and technically possible.

However, at some point those engineers and software/content developers face the reality that they develop for 10 year olds and mid age crisis men.

5. Filip

Filip Registered

:D

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Guys, you got it wrong. It's the most realistic car ever made. Just look at this hotlap!

It's so realistic, that video got copyright claimed by, Formula E!
    upload_2020-12-16_19-40-55.png

7. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Fun car to drive. Challenging car to drive to it's potential, probably too challenging for the novices. Might be better with driver assists, maybe someone who uses them can say.

Tires seem to have a narrow "reserve" level, reminds me of the Firestone Firehawk tires we used in the IMSA Firehawk series of the late 1980's. Reserve is from once you reach the edge of adhesion how much grip you have left to recover. Finding the right rhythm through turns is crucial, but that tends to make it harder to deal with traffic.

Setups are a lot more inter-dependent. Changes to one element have a more profound effect to other settings so dialing it in becomes much more track specific for the tune.

Not enough battery power to run some of the longer tracks without disabling Fuel Consumption before launching the track session. Incredibly fast at the Ring.

Gearing is a bit funky. The powerband is pretty wide, not near as wide as a Tesla or a Mining Truck Electric Drive, but wider than any of the IC counterparts. It takes downshifts rather easily, a surprise to me as an e-motor has about 5+ times the mass of a crank/flywheel and a longer moment arm than an IC engine.

Despite the complaints about the look and sound it's a great car for drivers looking for a challenge.

Remco Majoor and Comante like this.
  8. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

This RCCO Ex Zero may not exist in real life but it is not a "fantasy" car, check The Grand Tour for example, they tested a RIMAC and later they talked about another even more powerful eletric car, this Ex Zero is realistic actually.

Eletric cars are monsters.