Spa AI issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by J7166, Dec 12, 2020.

1. J7166

J7166 Registered

I have noticed that with the newly released Spa, the AI are crashing quite frequently in various corners. Eau Rouge, Radillion, Les Combes, Turn 11, Pouhan and Blanchimont are the most frequent corners.
    The cars that struggle the most with AI are GT3, all Tatuus cars, LMP2 and LMP3.

I put together some (crappy sry) clips of what I had recorded previously. These issues aren't hard to recreate though. Do an AI race with any of them at Spa and you should see the issues. I use the heavy rubber real road for each clip.

2. Benn

Benn Registered

Hi guys, there is another bug with - I think - the AIW. When I play offline, some AI misses their braking point at the chicane, they face the tyres wall for hours untill DNF, instead of going backwards and rejoin the track. It happens with this TCL mod, but also with official content. What do you think? Is there a way to improve that?

Otherwise, the track is fantastic! Cheers.

Attached Files:

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They need to make that wall non solid. Maybe like mud so that the AI can sloooooowly crawl thru and get back to the track but with a time penalty(the mud) to prevent corner cutters. Spa has long been a real problem for ISI AI, going back to F1 2k. The pit entry is almost impossible for the cars to safely and successfully enter routinely. For the GTR2 version, we had somebody hack the scn file so that the actual pitwall(about the first 100 feet or so) was not solid. This allowed mis-aligned cars to get into the pit lane before the speed limit kicked in.

4. J7166

J7166 Registered

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

If you are reporting AI issues we need you to post full details of what you are running. Including cars, settings etc.
    We have made some minor changes to improve their behaviour which will be released soon though.

jayarrbee36 and davehenrie like this.