Released Latest GT3 Updates (Includes BOP)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

That's a shame. I think if the Callaway as that much better, then everyone else is driving a different brand out of brand loyalty, not just Porsche. We haven't noticed the Porsche being dramatically slower in our group but there's not many of us to get a good sample. I've been quite happy with the BoP overall both with single payer and multiplayer but we don't use the Callaway, Radical, or 650s. We don't use the Callaway because I've never seen it in any global championships. While you wait to see if S397 do anything about it, your options could be to handicap it with the /setmass command, or ditch it from the series

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

And what about the Merc, when was the last time you saw anyone do more that 10 laps in a row and keep driving it after that?

SS

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Christopher Elliott

S397 are they checking the physics and the Merco FFB, I'm not sure?

I drive the GT3 and GTE a lot but I am forbidden to use the Merco until the light has been shed.

I've never been shocked by physics but some people have questioned the physics, and I don't want to use a car with incorrect physics.

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Yes as I said we have looked into it, but do not have an update at this time.

5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I appreciated this quick response.
    Thank you.

6. Simonk

Simonk Registered

I just drove the Merc now and I think it feels great. The understeer feedback feels much better than it did before the update. If you still don’t like how it transitions from grip to understeer, try cranking up the in game FFB dampening. I run it at 32 which feels fine to me on my crappy G27. I’d like to see S397 do something about the AI behaviour in the Merc though.

7. SmellySkidmark

The point I'm making is do 10 laps in a row and watch the lap times increase

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  8. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

If I understand correctly the GT Challenge BoP is specific to the series where it's being proven but it should soon find it's way to the base mod so I wouldn't worry.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

I have a G27 too, that is not a crappy wheel, but anyway I advise you against running HIGH FFB smoothing values as this dumb down and delay any FFB informations. I usually run 0, but if I feel I need some smoothing, I don't go over 3.

10. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That's what I have always been reporting about the AMG, it is not the lack of absolute pace that is the problem, it is the long run pace that drops too much..
    The car's problem is it cannot maintain it's pace as well as most other cars, not talking the M6 that's crazy good on it's tires, but it is inferior to most others as well in this respect.
    That's not been acknowledged AFAIK so I don't expect anything on that front.
    Save for the reduced weight making things only a little bit better.

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  11. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

The Merc has been problematic for a while. The Bentley is another that is a little loose through the rear & has a habit of the rear wanting to come around on itself, normally after about 5-6 laps when you'd think the tyres should be at their best!!!

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

We had a race last night and 5 pretty much equally talented drivers, who are always pretty much on the same level even with other cars, lead a very close race between Corvette, 720S, Aston Martin GT3 BMW M6 and Audi R8 for over an hour.
    I am also as fast as the Corvette with other cars. So what does that mean? That all observations are ultimately subjective and that some drivers harmonise better with the Corvette, but by no means can one claim that the Corvette is fundamentally too fast. On the contrary, in 1-hour races you have to pay much more attention to fuel consumption, because you usually have to fill up with a few litres and the other cars don't, so you can lose the decisive seconds and a few places at the pit stop

13. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Perhaps you are correct? There's a guy on our server in the Porsche (Longford 67) with the current fastest lap.
    Why everyone changes to the same car is beyond me? Maybe only a few attempt to set up a car & the rest just grab a fast set up? Laziness is a factor in this too...

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Perhaps "5 pretty much equally talented drivers" doesn't mean they are actual aliens as in GT Pro level ;)

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  15. SmellySkidmark

And none of them drive the Merc, lol

SS

16. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

A hotlap is no indication for a BoP. Try to drive a full stint with the Porsche. You start in understeer and end with serious oversteer. This slows you down. Logically, if you set it up for a single lap, it should rule all other cars naturally if the bop is made for a fullstint (or 2, as fuel consumption and tire wear is also very important)
    Note that the Porsche should be best on brakes too, as the load is more on rear. Not only on brake Performance but also on brake temperature front. But other cars with 10% more load on fronts are better....

17. Tom Tabone

Tom Tabone Registered

Play i racing then or use another car!

18. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

from my post on our forum:

The technical level of the S397 GT3 cars is irritating me now after two 60 minute SPRINT races with seemingly everybody in the field having to run on either "pace car" or the next leanest setting in order to be able to complete the race distance without pitting. Road Atlanta and Road America.

I reviewed the various real world GT3 series to prove again that 60 minute races are pretty common but I dug deeper to discover that, bewilderingly, the real world GT3 series HAVE MANDATORY PIT STOPS and often TWO DRIVERS for a 60 minute race but that does not explain our fuel consumption malady because refueling is prohibited.

From the 2019 SRO GT3 rule book:
    https://racb.com/images/2019_-_Blan...ions_with_cover.pdf2019040553_1554457193r.pdf

20.5 Case D for Competitions with two one-hour races.
    a) A mandatory pit stop for changing drivers and all 4 tyres is to be carried out during each of the 2 races.
    The car must cross the pit entry line from 25:00:00 after the Official start of the race until 34:59.99 after
    the Official start of the race. Only one driver change may take place during the race. Any pit stops taken
    before the start of the pit window will not count as the mandatory pit stop.
    b) For single-driver cars according to Article 13.1.3, a minimum pit stop time between pit entry and pit exit
    may be applied which must be adhered to. If applicable, this time will be published in a Bulletin from the
    Stewards of the Meeting at each event.
    c) If the Safety Car is on track or a Full Course Yellow period is in operation at the time when the pit window
    is scheduled to open (25:00 after the start of the race) the pit window will be delayed. When the green flag
    is shown at the end of the SC or FCY period, the pit window will open immediately. The pits will then
    remain open for 10 minutes for the mandatory stops. Any pit stops taken before the start of the new pit
    window will not count as the mandatory pit stop. Should the Safety Car be called on track, or a Full Course
    Yellow period be declared, during the pit window, the race director may extend the time of the pit window
    by a time between one and three minutes.
    d) If the Race Director decides for any other reason than given in clause c) above that the pit window cannot
    be opened at the scheduled time then he may take the decision to delay the pit window. In this case, the
    Teams will be informed via the monitors and the radio. A new pit window will be communicated, which
    will be given in terms of the time remaining in the race. Any pit stops taken before the start of the new pit
    window will not count as the mandatory pit stop.

20.6 Pit Stop Time for Sprint Races
    A minimum pit stop time may be imposed for the Pro-Am and/or Am Categories for Sprint races. In this
    case, the pit stop time will be issued in a Bulletin from the Stewards. Any car whose pit stop time is less
    than the given time between pit in and pit out will be given a penalty by the Stewards of the Meeting.

37.2 Refuelling for events run according to Case D
    Refuelling is forbidden during the races and in the qualifying practice session

I have no faith that S397 will fix it so we'll look at aligning ourselves with SRO and mandating pit stops for tires but allowing refueling.

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

is it me or the Mc Laren 650s FFB is very heavy compared to the Ferrari one for example....it feels more detailed and pronounced.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Mac was one of the very first GT3 cars and the Ferrari the newest. Two years of development time. It would be interesting if a motec guy could measure the ffb of all the GT3 cars so we can see how they stack up..(yes including the Merc)

atomed likes this.