Released Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | Now Available For rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Stockers

Stockers Registered

@Christopher Elliott what are you going to do about the S397 GT3 cars at Spa? We've heard nothing from you & the team around this issue. It's very frustrating & quite frankly poor.

bears and R.Noctua like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is not a SPA problem, but a core defect introduced after update v1190. Really the ONLY solution is to join a league that schedules rain races.

3. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

:(

4. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

It´s been said before the ai would be worked on after the competition system and the new ui were up and running nicely. Now, if you read today´s roadmap, they mentioned plans for an offline championship mode after the online is working so I´m assuming that involves some heavy work on the ai...

Magus likes this.
  5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Mitch, I didn't say S397 wasn't going to take care of this one day.
    The question is, is it a major or a large part of their users ? Answer yes.
    Is it becoming relatively urgent? In my opinion yes.
    And if this problem is dealt with, should it be dealt with quickly or should it be dealt with more deeply ?
    I think an investment in this area to match the number of rF2 users who play full or partial rF2 would be good.

I understand that there is still a delay, but this delay should not excessively long following the end of December (the start of the UI and the competition system).

6. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I didn´t say you said s397 wasn´t going to take care of it; you asked when and I´m saying that, if you read the roadmap, the unexpected announcement of an offline championship mode sounds like the feature that will prompt an ai revision and that could be the closest thing to a timeline that we´ll get:

"Offline Championships — will be added once the online part is running smoothly. We will leverage the features we use online to also facilitate offline championships, where you can race against our AI.
    These features will take us well into 2021 and we will revise and update them as the year progresses."

That being said, it will be done when it´s done no matter how urgent we the offline players think it is.

Also, if the ai gets a revision when the offline championship rolls out, that seems to me an indication that it won´t be a superficial treatment but rather a comprehensive one of the ai behaviour and other longstanding issues (like flags)

pilAUTO likes this.
  7. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Not sure if the ability to create offline championship means AI fix as well. Hope so, but not sure that one presumes the other.

billyblaze and memoNo1 like this.
  8. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I got a fantastic tip from "Mr. rF2" himself.
    If you are interested in offline rain races, you have to save the asphalt track when it is wet enough (e.g. spa_wet_grip) and then load this file shortly before the start.
    It works!
    Finally rain races in offline mode.

Thank you very much Mr. Offermans!✌️

Karei, Balazs Magyar and davehenrie like this.
  9. Nicolas Pailhes

Nicolas Pailhes Registered

Hello, little bug with the flags in triple screen that disappears when you approach

10. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Here’s some weird AI behaviour with the S397 GT3s

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Looks like a Merc started both incidents. They have GOT to get that car fixed! Some bored painter ought to copy all the merc skins onto the Aston GT3 and then we can delete that turd until S397 figures out what is wrong.

McFlex likes this.
  12. Simonk

Simonk Registered

The random swerving by the Merc and the Audi is bizarre. I’ve seen a Porsche do it twice also. The Merc on the curbs is another issue not unique to Spa

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think the Audi was a delayed reaction to the Merc spinning up ahead. There has been a rather long thread about the incorrect shift in aero balance when the GT3's are following and that, due to the Merc's low downforce setup(among other issues) started both incidents.
    Take the air off the Merc and it spins. So not random, but caused by improper values in perhaps several areas of that car AND the GT3 fleet in general.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That first one reminds me of very old builds where if you had AI Mistakes set too high the AI would just turn sharp right into a wall, what's the setting in your player.json?

15. Stockers

Stockers Registered

S397's @Marcel Offermans & @Christopher Elliott please take note of these AI issues at Spa, especially with the GT3 cars. You've done a great job with the track & it deserves better AI running on it.

Dady Cairo likes this.
  16. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Nah, it’s not that. AI mistakes 0.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hmm that's odd then although what I was referring too was an oldd issue I've not seen for years anyway, I've done a lot of running against the GT3 at Spa and not seen this behaviour at all.
    A mixture of settings and player.json entries can drastically change stuff, try a fresh file and see if that helps, it won't cure everything but occasionally a messed up player.json can do weird things to the AI and it's seemingly very hard to pinpoint exactly why :)

18. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Marc. Can I confirm you've seen no AI issues at all with the GT3 cars at Spa?

19. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

GTE cars work great for me

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No I never said that, I said I'd not seen that particular behaviour of cars (the Merc) just turning right and spinning for no reason (like I said that *used* to happen long ago)