Pit Stop request but no red box in pits

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Emmanuel, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

When I request a Pit Stop, I can see on my dashboard pitstop requested and the green tool on screen that pit stop is requested but I com into the pit lane there is no red box on front of pit box and no crew. Certainly some setting not good. What should I adjust?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

rF2 does not have a pit crew for most of the cars. You should only be seeing red arrows pointing down at your stop point and a red box. There ARE some mods that have included pit crews, but those have to be enabled specifically for those mods and each should have their own instructions.
    You may have a penalty such as a drive thru penalty to serve before a pitstop can be completed. Are there any other icons near where the pit stop requested green wrench is located?
    Also keep in mind, rF2 requires a certain amount of time to get a pit crew ready. If you have not yet received another message stating the pit crew is ready, you may have made your pit stop request too late. Similarly, I think you can choose to soon as well. If you plan on pitting, guesstimate about 30 seconds from where you are going to pit. That should give the crew plenty of time to get set.
    One final thing: If you have more cars than pit boxes, rF2 will share a pit box and if the AI is already there, you cannot enter the box til they leave.

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Hi Davenhenrie. Thanks for your feedback. No problem for the pit crew, not needed, but the issue is that I don't have the red arrows and red box. I had a look at some pictures, I see how it should look like, but I don't have it. I drive the Ferrari F488, I tried at Watkins Glen, SPA and Mugello, all the same. I have the green wrench when I request a pit stop. I did it well in advance, for example at Watkins Glen on the strait before the chicane. Again, I really appreciate your feedback.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

check integrity of files to see if it is solved

5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

I found it. I now have the red arrows. The reason was that I did not programmed a pit stop in the garage. I thought that if requesting a pit sop it would always work but it only work when a pit stop is programmed in the garage. Anyway, thanks for helping me.

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Glad you got it resolved. Most of us have been using either rF1 or rF2 for so long that the simple stuff is just assumed. You'll find rF2 to be quirky, but if you persist and get your gear properly set-up, you will also find rF2 to be very rewarding.

juanchioooo likes this.
  7. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Absolutely, I love the response to setup adjustments. Thanks.

juanchioooo likes this.