367 Tyre Hud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pyney, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi , I don't understand the tyre hud , any other sim I play show tyre temps as a constant varying up and down a few degrees , take ACC temps 27 to 28 degrees will go up and down slightly dependent on tyre pressure and setup.
    The Rfactor hud starts off at say 27 degrees then once driving it is steadily increasing lets say to 60 degrees then when you take the bends it will rise right up high and then go back down again to say 60
    So is this showing tyre surface temps ? So I just dont understand how do you know when your tyres are working at there best ? sorry in advance for being a noob but would like advise please
    Are there 367 hud's which show the core temps ?

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes they are surface temps. You will see core temps once returning into the box. Surface temp is correct for onboard telemetry as like in real life rely on IR sensors. Noticed this watching Bottas onboard last race: tire temps varied instantly under throttle or brakes.

3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I think it is showing tyre surface temperature rather than core temp.

4. Pyney

Pyney Registered

So you have to drive into the pits each time you want to see the core temps , and then adjust your tyre pressures ?
    I have read that the rfactor2 tyres are bugged ,any car are best left as low as possible as it doesn't make any difference in lap times , thanks for any advice

5. Comante

Comante Registered

We live in an age where everyone can boast his opinions and call them facts. What you describe is a realistic behaviour of tires. The fact is that not all the side effect of minimum pressures are modelled. This make it incomplete, not bugged. Here you will find people that doesn't know vehicle dynamic or driving yet claim that cars need to be updated because they can't handle them like real drivers do with real cars.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

You can simply press ESC to not waste time pitting.

7. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi Comante, as I'm use to ACC I think I'm getting mixed up with tyre temperature and pressure with Rfactor lol
    In ACC you drive the car until the the tyres go from blue to green adjusting pressures until you reach 27.5 in the GT 3 cars , I'm finding the rfactor tyre app goes from blue to a light blue for me with constant driving until I reach a bend at that point the tyre hud colour will change , but it will always go back to a light blue, should I not be having the tyre hud showing a constant green so I know the tyres are optimal, I use crewchief while driving and I keep getting your tyres are cold ? How do I get them warm ?

Andrew Hollom likes this.
  8. Comante

Comante Registered

I'm a bit confused here.. in RF2 cold tires are blue, and warm tires in good temperature are magenta, overheated tires go from red to yellow or white if you are burning them. I don't remember any green.
    Don't know crewchief so if it display differently... can't help

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I read somewhere that tyre pressure system in ACC is complete BS.
    Running lower pressure will provide high grip but at the cost of other side effects (which are not yet simulated in RF2)
    But in ACC you have to be within range to get maximum grip which is BS.
    Simple rule of thumb run tyre pressure as low as possible as long as it doesn't generate any problems.

10. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Hi , I'm using green as a ACC colour for optimal temps, I dont know the optimal tyre temp colour for Rf2 as it's not mentioned anywhere it's like the blind leading the blind lol
    I'm also colour blind lol will have to get wife to look at my light blue when warm as that could be Magenta ?

11. Pyney

Pyney Registered

Slip Angel thanks for your advice

12. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

As far as i know if the colour is red then it slightly over limit. If the colour is yellow then it is definitely overheating.
    I don't know how to describe optimal colour it is probably dark pink.
    A tip i would like to give you is look at colour of rear tyre when you feel like you are about to slide or sliding(very little slide,it should feel like a 4 wheel drift). This colour is maximum the tyre could take at given conditions hence it is close to optimal temp or maybe even slightly higher than optimal.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020