Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Every installer of rF2 is not an experienced user. Imagine a new user installing the game and finding they had just one car and one track? Their first question would be "WTF, how do I get a refund!". Why make them hunt for content on their first install?

I am convinced you have no idea of anything to do but constantly find things to moan about to stay happy.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  2. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

That's my point: not everybody is computer savvy, that's all the more reason to make rF2 more modern and simple to understand. It'd be a simple matter of having a pop-up screen during the installation to tell people that they can install all the stuff that they'd like after the basis install. Simple stuff. And my comments are meant as constructive criticism, no one would be happier than me if fF2 was as good as it could (and should) be. I've been using fF2 as long as it's been available, and rF1 before that. I think it's a shame that it never reached its full potential, and probably never will, as long as such an unfocused team is in charge of the development.

Normark, Roberto boniotti and Travis like this.
  3. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

So how about providing an option? Do you want to DL more cars and tracks, or not. I agree that new users probably should get more content in the beginning, but let user decide for that. Who knows better than the user what he wants.

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

"Unfocused team" is quite unfair... they're doing a lot of stuff happening, of course a simulator of this complexity don't become right from night to day! They need time, for sure after this first wave of "fixes" pass, they'll start to add more datails into it, like better smoke, sparks, correct tire behaviour in the dry and wet, etçª...

I trust S397 work, no doubt about it!

Pauli Partanen and Remco Majoor like this.
  5. Tomislav Leskovic

To be honest, from what I saw both here and on RD forum, I wouldn't called that constructive....far from it.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  6. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

They've already been at it for four years, and in all that time, none of the long-time bugs have been fixed, and do I have to mention the new UI, which after all this time still isn't finished. The mouse pointer doesn't work in VR, Nords has a huge memory leak, the AI is rubbish, the GT3 cars have bugs that've been there since they released the DLC, etc.,etc., etc. And you call that focused?

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Do you remember where rF2 was four years ago? Can't see any difference? Will not waste more time with you... despite you have valid arguments, others are just pure ignorant criticism, because things are not as easier as they look, which Marcel already had the opportunity to clarify several times...

Remco Majoor likes this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You should've seen one of his posts on RD, extremely disrespectful towards S397 and clearly uninformed and thus ignored.

9. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Don't know if this has already been discussed, but we can't select real road presets and I can't even select a saved real road. I only have the default setting.

I tested this on Spa only. Anyone can confirm this?

10. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

When Studio397 took rF2 over from ISI, I was delighted when they said they were going to turn it into an endurance sim. they even took their name from the maximum number of laps in Le Mans 24hrs, 397. But they have never bothered to fix the bugs that've been there for ever, for example the full yellow flag bug, which has been broken forever. How can you drive any race realistically without proper flag rules? You can't. And the terrible AI? and the massive memory leak in Nords? etc, etc.
    I have always supported rF2, I've bought every DLC that they've released (except for the E-Formula stuff, and I won't be buying the upcoming e-fantasy car either, Formula E is not my thing, I like my cars loud and dangerous :) )
    I think the users can expect that they fix the legacy bugs before they go on releasing one unfinished DLC after another. I stay with rF2 despite everything, because it is the most realistic sim by far, as far as physics and the tyre model are concerned, but I'm sometimes frustrated because it could be so much better with more focus on their promise back then to concentrate on endurance racing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

I wasn't disrespectful, I was being honest, I'm not one for sugar-coating things. Where I come from, they have a saying: say what you mean, and mean what you say. No disrespect was meant.

12. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Did I miss something or can you not map engine braking to a button in the new UI?

13. lagg

lagg Registered

Change the weather to Scripting, to choose a preset.

buzz hornet likes this.
  14. Tomislav Leskovic

I agree, to a point...sure, we all expect things to be fixed, and sure some bugs are there pretty long, and some of them are quite easy and quick to fix.....but, calling them names and constantly bitching about something (even for some things that are out of the scope of rf2) has nothing to do with being honest. They have a product and do with it what they want. If you have an issue, there is a subforum for that...open "ticket" there and explain in as much details as possible issue that your having and how to reproduce them (that's constructive). Going from forum to forum, repeating same thing over and over is just lame.

And if you don't like speed or progress of how things are done/fix, either pump in a large amount of money to them so that they can hire more devs and get better/faster or stop playing the game. But please stop calling people names and question their work ethic and hide behind this by saying that your just being honest.

Woodee likes this.
  15. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

I respect your opinion, you have obviously thought about your point of view, but I stand by every word of my criticism. And my views are shared by many others too, it's not as if I'm the only one who has these opinions.
    My concerns are genuine, I'm not here to make trouble. Let us agree to disagree, not everybody has the same opinion.

Normark and Roberto boniotti like this.
  16. EMY

EMY Registered

sorry the new UI goes into MODDEV?

thanks

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  17. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Idea for the new UI:
    - list of recently updated (workshop) content with change notes

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Filip, TJones, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

buzz hornet likes this.
  19. Travis

Travis Registered

This would be a welcome addition given the aged state of the ISI made cars and tracks which are downloaded by default.

20. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

You allways keep on repeating how you want to have this or that while simply missing the point that every goddamn racing sim that is currently offered on Steam ships with all it's content and people are used to it. In AC you get every freakin' car including really annoying stuff like SUVs that people propably never use, but it's just the way it is and people have learned to live with it. For someone above 60 years of age you seem to have issues comprehending what it means to find an easy solution for everyone while balancing pros and cons and questions like "how hard can it be" indicate that you have no idea how hard it is. It requires manpower to develop such a feature for very few people requesting it, so it's a clear case of deminishing returns as such a feature would propably be a bit more complex than it seems at first glance. The team isn't unfocused, it's just a very complex software. ISI could have developed a far more simple sim to make updates easier and faster, but I promise you the complexity and flexibility is one reason why people still keep playing it. rather be glag that it is the last moddable sim that is actively developed.

Regarding your other issues with flagrules: I too would see them fixing those issues asap, but it might be well worth to acknowledge that you atleast have options and workarounds within rF2 and sometimes it's well worth to ask people in the community. You can have normal AI races in rF2 without the interference of FCY or SC by simply increasing the SC threshhold in your player.json. With this workaround you can use all flagrules but the chance for a SC are allmost zero. It's not perfect but still better than some of the stuff that you get sold as flagrules in other products.