Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Travis

Travis Registered

Swapped to the new UI and cannot work out how to cap the FPS when in the UI.

The old UI caps to my preferred FPS limit howevet the new UI is running at between 550-600 FPS and the coil whine is annoying.

I also have an issue with the Reiza pack beta build constantly downloading despite my player.json file not permitting auto downloads however I believe Reiza needs to correct this.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

It's not possible to avoid downloading the store items.

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I can't install local packages from the new UI. Any idea? The buttons besides "refresh" are grayed out.

4. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

me too

5. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Think you scroll to mod to install (red x) click on it and then click on install button.

pascom likes this.
  6. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Oh, and I don't know how to set the package source directory. I remember now, this is my problem, actually. And I can't uninstall packages. They remain in the same, installed state

7. Carr

Carr Registered

Here are a list of some missing things compared to the old UI and other problems that I have found with it in the last week using the new UI.

- Chat being on a separate tab means that you miss vote calls and messages that you might not expect to be getting.
    - There is no vehicle select option while in a server any more meaning you have to exit a server to change an upload you missed.
    - No skin management or indicator anymore, if it doesn't work then it just doesn't work and you have no idea that they had a custom skin.
    - There are no longer car stats on live replays. eg. pedal, wheel and gear inputs.
    - You can't watch a replay in VR using the cockpit cameras, there is a significant offset making you look at the sky on most cockpit cameras.
    - While having a favourites list on the first screen is nice, there needs to be a scroll option so you can see all of them.
    - Having an exit button at the bottom of all the main UI pages would make things much easier.
    - VR display now scales with the screen resolution set. By making the on screen game smaller so we can see other desktop programs when ALT-Tabbing means that we can't read anything in game.
    - Having the lap history pop up in a new window makes it much harder to quickly compare peoples laps
    - VR screen flickers/strobes continuously whenever there is a loading screen or a car enters the server, this is a major issue and needs to be fixed.
    - Need to be able to move HUD elements in VR
    - A driver list showing relative track position will make it much easier to know who the cars around you are in VR as there are no lables. This would be like the flags at the bottom of the screen but in list form in the lower left HUD window. The flags are better than nothing, but when cars are close, you can't see what position number they are and then you have to reference off the position list.
    - A system need to be made for joining servers with DLC content where you don't own all of it. I can't join in any GT3 or GTE races as I don't want to pay for multiple cars that I have no interest in driving. This is a problem for many people I know.

I am pretty sure there was more, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Carr the one about joining a server with non-DLC isn't UI related and is basically a non-starter in any event. It's clear that part of their pricing structure is based on this limitation, so that's just how things are.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

with new ui you can't uninstall external .rfcmp
    if you are trying a beta mod you can't uninstall it and update to new versions

unusable

10. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

but before it was possible

11. Berger

Berger Registered

I am still using old UI

I was expecting new UI would be forced

It seems you can still use old

12. Sheu

Sheu Registered

Hi all. Sorry for the question. If I opt over to the new UI. does it transfer all the setting and button mappings over? Or do I need to set it all up from scratch again?

13. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

This needs to be fixed

14. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

added this information in the bug report

Mauro likes this.
  15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Mod manager is still functional.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  16. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hey guys, when I "add AI" within a race it sometimes adds them twice.

Same happens when I press "next session" and stay on the Icon, it moves from practice to race and skips the qualifying. Somehow it believes me staying on the icon means I want to click it twice.

It gets a lot more funny when you move the cursor after you clicked to add the new ai, because if you move it to a different AI it also loads this one aswell! Sometimes twice! Lol..

You basically have to click on it and then move the cursor away from all options to not accidently add anything else.

Also, when using the virtual24h skins I get the option to add a 88 and an 88a Porsche RSR. Both options load the 88a skin iirc.

17. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

Me too.what a mess...

18. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

Yeah, that's a "feature" of rF2: every time you do an new install you have to spend an hour uninstalling all the unwanted carp that has been installed from the workshop, most of which I have no interest whatever in. Why can't the new install just consist of one default track and one car, plus any DLC you may have bought? and then you can download all the other stuff from the workshop, but only what you want, and not all the other unwanted carp. How hard can it be? I mean, they made a new UI...oh wait....

R.Noctua and Rui Santos like this.
  19. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

You can actually stop downloading and unsubscribe from workshop before starting rf2 again. I agree that its not ideal, but at least you don't need to download everything before unsubscribing.

20. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

I never knew that, thank you. Every day's a schoolday :)