Latest Roadmap Update - November 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2020.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So will Indy and Portland track surface now look the same as Nurburgring with little visual detai? I hope for a art pass on the new track surface is on the cards , sure the new material may interact with light better but it doesn't look better imo.
    Please don't rework Sebring!

Love Guitars n Cars likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If they follow past practice, you will be able to choose to use the old UI, but any new feature will not be implemented. So you are basically forced to use onlly content that is available right now December 2020. Anything after that will be a crap shoot whether is works or not.

3. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

By the way "VR screens" the screens that broadcast images on circuit are still in "VR image" and not in flat screens. For example Silverstone or the new Road America (mod).

4. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you though? ;)

5. Christopher Elliott

My dog has no fleas just sayin :p (excuse the humor)
    - Vehicles labels are on our todo list, known issue
    - Mouse flickering/disappearing is usually when something is loading or switching, but noted. I agree this could be a smooth transition.
    - Sporadic crashes when assigning buttons, if you can get me a trace file that would be helpful.
    - Center VR during track load screen, normally I see the loader in front of me. Are you sure your center is set up properly in Steam VR home and you aren't just compensating by re-aligning inside rF2?
    Thanks for the feedback

JimmyT and pkelly like this.
  6. Christopher Elliott

The chat icon has a notification state.
    are you talking about Customize and the tuning page
    This should scroll so that might be a bug
    Do you have an Oculus?
    Not something we support yet but I agree a nice feature, you can however set the VR HUD size in the config ini
    We intend to fix labels
    Thanks for you thoughts

7. Christopher Elliott

Just a thought, Roadmap is not about what we're not doing it's about what we are doing/did this month. So excluding things on the basis of it's not in this month's Roadmap is not the best outlook :)

GertjanD and pilAUTO like this.
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's TCR confirmed then :p

JimmyT and lagg like this.
  9. Craig Waddell

Craig Waddell Registered

Great work S397, Rfactor2 is coming along nicely.

On the subject of bringing tracks up to date, are there any plans for Sau Paulo and also Mills Metropark? Without a doubt both great circuits but looking stale and dated.

GertjanD likes this.
  10. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

McFlex likes this.
  11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

... because it is an illegal rip...

ThomasJohansen likes this.
  12. Comante

Comante Registered

I feel the urge to write how good is this roadmap more to counter all the negativities in the comments than for the hype of the upcoming competition system, a feature that I'm eager to use since 2012. :D and for all the other juice that drip from it.
    Yes there are some hiccups in the new UI, all of them have been stated over and over, but I'm confident things will be ironed out soon, just like other bugs have been fixed without nobody noticing or caring.

13. DEBOTTAM GHOSH

DEBOTTAM GHOSH Registered

The real-time track map on the monitor screen is a very welcome move. Many sims have had the track map from the start.

Hopefully, this comes in the next update

14. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

You score a point.
    I believe that this content is the content that I expected the most, I was starting to not believe it anymore.
    We will see.

The quality of the official content (track and car) is quite impressive on rF2.

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Certainly a Roadmap with some good and meh things. Competition system looks good but a more indepth look would have been nice. Would be fantastic if the "upcomming sessions" tab transferes to the normal server browser finaly so that we see wich session is running and how much time is left. No idea why this still hasn't been implemented. The join as a team functions sounds interesting aswell. Would be interesting to know if I can join comp servers easily with friends.

I am also not sure if I would say that all the functionality of the old UI is in the new one. Last time I tried, I still couldn't sort stuff in the content list and in that regard, the good old content manager is still much more functional with the option to select multiple components or even uninstall and delete stuff. This needs to be in the UI once it get's released to the public in December. Also the list with the pros of the new UIs is listing some stuff that has been complained about by multiple people as beeing annoying so I am not sure if I would have added it there -> I am looking at you my favorites :p

Some stuff is implemented in a very wierd way so that I am asking myself if we are on the same page. A trackmap needs to be part of the HUD wich it isn't currently. So before stating it as being a positive thing it should atleast be fully functional. The car icons have propably been the worst idea for the new UI as they require additional work by external people and diskspace. I mean, now we atleast don't have question marks anymore, but a simple spinner view like in rF1 would have been the way forward. Did you know that ACC uses something similar? It's simple and it works. If you want to use those lists with icons then why not give the user the option to generate thos icons in the new UI in a user friendly and fast way.

The negative feedback about the AI issues and broken rule systems is so overwhelming that I wonder why there still isn't a way to set the SC threshhold, the SC laps or more flag rules in the new UI. You created this wonderfull new tool called UI wich has quite alot of advantages despite it's issues, so why not let us use it. A simple on/off switch for SC and FCY is a must have at this point and would also make sense for historic racing.

Regarding content: it's nice to see that old stuff is getting updated, but this needs to be done much more aggresively and not just in terms of art passes. Again I read comments from people who confuse ISI content with S397 content. For gods sake, if you don't plan to support content then get rid of it and kill it with fire - aka don't install it as base content and label it as legacy content in the UI and in the workshop. Official content supported by S397 should be labaled as such, especialy in the new UI. In terms of car content I am not sure if I am too fuzzed about the not-fantasy car, but I think alot of people would rather race some historic endurance cars than a car that could be from Elite Dangerous :D There are tons of options with FIA GT1, 70s IMSA or Group C cars, machinery that has personality and get's our heart racing. But that's just me I guess.

Anyway, that's a bit of a long rant, but I hope that it can help to drive things in the right direction. :)

16. Carr

Carr Registered

Thanks for the reply.

I can't say that I have seen a notification indicator, I will have to look next time I am in. If it is there, it wasn't obvious.

I am talking about in servers in the player list. In the old UI there was a coloured box, green it worked, flashing was a problem, red didn't work. The was also a redownload button.

Yes, Rift S. I am guessing this is a known problem that is planned to be worked on? Is there a workaround? I have found posts indicating that it was fixed early this year, but it is still happening.

The "relative" screen as it is know on other platforms is something that would still be a significant improvement, makes it a million times easier to navigate traffic for everyone. I don't understand why this isn't in there already, it would just be a variation/extention of the position bar.

17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Franck, McKiernan, pkelly and 3 others like this.
  18. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

What an excited ¿weeks or months? are coming. Thanks Studio397 for the work and keep on working to improve the sim we all love.

@Christopher Elliott You answered almost everything @Carr posted, but what about pedal, wheel and gear inputs on the replay screen? If it could be also added to the in-game overlay, the cockpit cameras etc. would be wonderful. :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    McFlex likes this.
  19. David Short

David Short Registered

Sorry to be a broken record but just wanted to mention again the Gears graph from the Gears page in setup menu that disappeared from the new UI after around build 1120. With the new UI going live soon I'm sure lots of users will miss its functionality.

Thanks for all the hard work and continued effort to make this sim even better.

Flaux and Scoopscat7 like this.
  20. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@Manfredk2 @Will Mazeo didn't know it was a rip, thought it was build from scratch. Then it's a good reason to create it from s397.
    I have bought most of the dlc's including spa. So full respect to S397s work.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.