Latest Roadmap Update - November 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Badboy

Badboy Registered

No word about the Stockcar plugin :(

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I kind of wish we'd have a more in depth look at how the comp system works. Just very interested in how you guys are going to do things

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  4. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

"Can you believe __INSERT MONTH HERE__ is over already?!"

Emery, Slip_Angel, Dady Cairo and 2 others like this.
  5. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Be patient! A few things are being worked out to make it more solid. Results have been positive so far in testing.

DriverJay, wrxxy, yashiman and 4 others like this.
  6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I think I will stop hoping to get a TCR and/or a GT4 pack.

A year and a half ago, Marcel Offermans spoke about it, I admit being disappointed.

GertjanD, mesfigas and R.Noctua like this.
  7. Carr

Carr Registered

I am somewhat confused by the statement that everything in the old UI has been at least transferred to the new one. Here are a list of some missing things and other problems that I have found with it in the last week using the new UI.

- Chat being on a separate tab means that you miss vote calls and messages that you might not expect to be getting.
    - There is no vehicle select option while in a server any more meaning you have to exit a server to change an upload you missed.
    - No skin management or indicator anymore, if it doesn't work then it just doesn't work and you have no idea that they had a custom skin.
    - There are no longer car stats on live replays. eg. pedal, wheel and gear inputs.
    - You can't watch a replay in VR using the cockpit cameras, there is a significant offset making you look at the sky on most cockpit cameras.
    - While having a favourites list on the first screen is nice, there needs to be a scroll option so you can see all of them.
    - Having an exit button at the bottom of all the main UI pages would make things much easier.
    - VR display now scales with the screen resolution set. By making the on screen game smaller so we can see other desktop programs when ALT-Tabbing means that we can't read anything in game.
    - Having the lap history pop up in a new window makes it much harder to quickly compare peoples laps
    - VR screen flickers/strobes continuously whenever there is a loading screen or a car enters the server, this is a major issue and needs to be fixed.
    - Need to be able to move HUD elements in VR
    - A driver list showing relative track position will make it much easier to know who the cars around you are in VR as there are no lables. This would be like the flags at the bottom of the screen but in list form in the lower left HUD window. The flags are better than nothing, but when cars are close, you can't see what position number they are and then you have to reference off the position list.
    - A system need to be made for joining servers with DLC content where you don't own all of it. I can't join in any GT3 or GTE races as I don't want to pay for multiple cars that I have no interest in driving. This is a problem for many people I know.

I am pretty sure there was more, but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Pawel44, GertjanD, instinkt and 14 others like this.
  8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-is-here-instructions-on-how-to-opt-in.64784/

9. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Kind of disappointed in upcoming content....there is NO V12 in this game YET ! why ? I.C engines are dying breed and V12 is basically dead why NOT make it immortal by creating a realistic virtual counterpart of it ?
    cars like
    1.Ferrari FXXK

ferrari-fxx-k-evo.jpg

2.Lamborghini essenza scv12

998fe5398ce4dcac7a200ab29d0fc7ad.jpg

These 2 cars would have been proper opponent for already exsisting mclaren senna

some old GT1 like Aston DRB9 ?

aston-martin-dbr9-e1581812787935.jpg

I'm pretty sure community will be way more excited with above mentioned cars (or something similar ) than what you have got upcoming.

Not to mention no physics update ?
    people are constantly talking about sliding in RF2, how aliens drive is completely unrealistic and still fast ?

No hate but i honestly think RF2 has probably best physics out there NOT even ACC comes close.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  10. dylbie

dylbie Registered

It's Groundhog Day! :)

Everyone: Any chance of a decent simulated drivetrain/clutch? Or a user friendly server hosting system? Or an AI fix? Or proper environment/temperature simulation? Or some more advanced tyre physics like punctures or sidewall damage? Or improvement to the sounds?
    Or an improvement of the damage model? A car with an awesome V12 or some nice historic content?

Studio397: Errrrr... we have an electric car that nobody has ever heard of, that doesn't even exist, and has been named by someone who couldn't even be bothered to take the underscores out of the name.

Akela_DE, CamiloNino, DaVeX and 10 others like this.
  11. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Exactly man, it really pains me to see this... as RF2 IMHO has best simulation hence has huge potential to create realistic cars.

McFlex likes this.
  12. Carr

Carr Registered

McFlex likes this.
  13. Stevy

Stevy Registered

I can already say by now that the RCCO eX_ZERO_2020 will be the very first content I won't buy
    I remember Marrs saying they don't want to release unlicensed or generic content anymore :rolleyes: (with the context of hybrid)
    Other than that the roadmap is....ok.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Brill , thanks studio397 your still kicking ass !
    Nice to see VR getting some love too

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes.... thought it might be better to be in a UI post so devs could easily find the feedback. Alternatively thought's could be posted in the #UI-Talk channel in Discord.

16. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The multiplayer system is like music to my ears... Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will be nice an update to the Skip Barber or a new car like the Mazda MX5 for the entry levels, that type of car with low power and rwd are extremly popular and fun in iRacing, GT3 cars are OK but a low powered cars for short races are awesome, copy the strengths of the rivals. :p :cool:

makan, GertjanD, F1 2004 and 4 others like this.
  17. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Can't the Vee and Puma be used for that?

lagg likes this.
  18. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

holy moly, that's a lot more than i was expecting!

keep it up guys, hope you succeed in making rf2 the top choice in the coming years!

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. Grahame Myers

Grahame Myers Registered

Tried the new UI again today, it still has more bugs than a dog has fleas: almost unusable mouse support in VR, sometimes the mouse pointer disappears altogether, flickering when exit is selected, and sporadic crashes when allocating buttons in the controls menu. Oh yeah, and the "vehicle labels" doesn't work in VR. And the centre VR button doesn't work during the track load sequence, so you have to turn your head far to the right to see how far the glacially slow track load is getting along. It takes so long I get a neck ache if I watch it till it's fully loaded. Every other sim manages stuff like this, why can't Studio397?
    Apart from that, it's perfect, and an absolute improvement compared to the old UI (sarcasm mode on)
    There is absolutely no way that this buggy mess is ready for a full release in December, S397 has to be joking. Maybe they meant December 2021, or maybe 2022?
    Don't they beta test these things on different configurations? Do they even test the stuff in VR mode too? I sometimes have the impression that they only test in non VR mode, and assume that it'll also work in VR...
    There are so many other things that they could've fixed to make the game more playable and more realistic. The new UI is the answer to a question that nobody even asked. The amount of time and resorces that S397 has wasted on this UI, and then it still doesn't work properly after all this time, I mean WTF?
    I sincerely hope that the old UI will still be active after the new UI launch. It doesn't matter that it won't be supported any longer: if they leave it alone in the future, at least they can't break anything...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
    Akela_DE, Hazi, Morbo and 1 other person like this.
  20. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

pkelly likes this.