Crew Chief Pit menu manager commands?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by ThomasJohansen, Sep 8, 2020.

1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

3. ThomasJohansen

thx couldnt find that chart.

4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

It's new, a few days ago

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is one of the problems, (small problem) that exists with CC. There are just SO many commands. Not only for pitstops but all the ontrack options....staggering!

6. ThomasJohansen

yes hard to remember... but still a valuable companion

David O'Reilly likes this.
  7. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Love Crew Chief! Whenever I am feeling good about myself I just fire up Rfactor2 and CC and withing a few minutes of Jim verbally abusing me, I am back to reality! :p

So, if I wanted to pit for tires, fuel to the end and fix damage, would I have to say each command seperately?

Thank you very much

atomed, muz_j and Seven Smiles like this.
  8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

rFactor sets Fix damage and changes tyres automatically but yes, separate commands for clear tyres, fuel and to clear damage. You can set the rf2_enable_auto_fuel_to_end_of_race Property which is the same as saying the fuel command.

Elcid43 likes this.
  9. muz_j

muz_j Registered

...I am also a big fan of Crew Chief.
    I've used it with 4 different racing sims and it's great. The swearing is an added bonus for me, but I really like the relevant and contextual comments.
    I'm not a big fan of those "radar" displays in racing sim's (although I appreciate it's a personal preference and if you like them, all good in my book), but I do really like CC's spotter comments as it seems like a reasonably realistic way to enhance your situational awareness and it's helped me many times to know when I have cars on either side of me.
    Great product!

...one day I'll remember it has a voice interface and I might even get around to trying it out, but for now I don't have a suitable microphone.

atomed and Elcid43 like this.
  10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Hi gents, I was using Crew Chief on Saturday night and found that the pit menu control would not adjust the fuel level. Other commands worked OK but not the fuel. (similar to how it was originally).
    I was driving FVRFactor V8 at Lester 2 on line.
    It has been working, but I hadn't checked since the last update until the other night.
    I will run some tests with other cars on other tracks and report back.

11. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Nothing about fuelling has changed for some time now, all recent changes have been about translating tyre types to the names of tyres in the game but I'll try your combination and see if there is something about it.

Edit: that wasn't difficult to confirm. For some reason the fuel menu at Lester is different, it just says FUEL: 36 rather than FUEL:36/8 (36 litres or 8 laps). I'll change it so it handles either.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  12. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

You are so quick, I didn't get the chance to try other combo's (at work atm :rolleyes:) Thanks for the rapid response.

buzz hornet and Seven Smiles like this.
  13. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Correction will be in the next update along with a couple of other bug-fixes, thanks for flagging it up.

David O'Reilly and Elcid43 like this.
  14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I'm thinking of adding a small feature and would welcome input. One of the annoyances of rF2 is that by default it changes tyres at your first pitstop. Crew Chief already has the "Pitstop, clear tyres" command but I could add a "don’t change tyres if they are not worn" property that would do that command for you.

My question: I don’t think there’s a way to tell if changing the tyres would make the pit stop take longer. I remember that in the Le Mans 24 race they changed tyres every stop because it didn’t cost time, does it depend on which class of car you’re driving?

Notes:
    1. "Not worn" is defined by CC as less than 50% worn
    2. Because this would be a CC property it’s either on or off (though "Pitstop, change all tyres" would override it)
    3. I could also add the opposite, to change tyres if they’re more than 50% worn

atomed likes this.
  15. ThomasJohansen

Changing tyres takes more time, about 20 sec or so, depending on cars I think.

I think best solution would be a rfactor2 specific input value for how many % wear before automatic change. Default could be 50% but make it editable.
    In my personal experience, sometimes a tyre needs changed at 70-80% other times 50%.

16. lagg

lagg Registered

This depends on the position of the tyres too.
    In some cars you can use the front tyres until 25% of their wear, but if the wear of the rear tyres drops of 50%, the car is undrivable.

17. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Discord has an answer, it’s in the car's HDV file
    Code:
    FuelTime=(3.0,2.0,1.2,0.7,1.0) // Fuel fill rate (L/s), random delay, nozzle insertion time, nozzle removal time, concurrent fuel filling (0.0=separate, 1.0=concurrent); default=(12.0,2.0,1.0,0.5,1.0)

TireTime=(15.0,32.0,7.0,1.0)   // Time to change two tires, time to change four tires, random delay on any tire, concurrent tire changes (0.0=separate, 1.0=concurrent); default=(5.5,5.5,2.0,1.0)
    None of that is in the Shared Memory unfortunately.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  18. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Yes depends on type of car and can be changed in the mod by the event organiser.
    You can check it manually (by entering pits and getting them done) or use Carstat which will tell you if tyres and fuel are concurrent or sequential and will calculate you Pitstone time with various changes.