G29 no force feedback

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Emmanuel, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

I just purchased a new G29 after years of using my Logitech Momo.
    I installed the latest drivers, LGS 9.02.65. It recognize the wheel. In Rfactor 2 I can set it up, it works but I don't have Force Feedback. I tried many setups, removed the Logitech Software, reinstalled but it is still the same. What should I do?

2. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Have you enabled the setting within LGS on the "G29" tab (within the application's basic settings) that allows the FFB to be adjusted - it's labelled "Allow Game to Adjust Force Settings" ?

Is there any chance you have another game available to test, to see if the FFB works correctly ?
    - that would at least help to confirm if the problem is software specific or a general issue effecting multiple or all games.

Do you have any other gaming controllers connected to your computer ?
    - if so, what has been set as the primary gaming controller within Windows ?

What has the PS3 / PS4 mode switch been set to ?

...I've been running the same software as you're using (LGS 9.02.65 x64) for a long time without an issue.

Just speculating - but did you cleanly remove the older Logitech software for the momo, before installing LGS 9.02.65 ?
    ...I had a Momo a long time ago too and I'm pretty sure that used a much earlier version of software for its drivers.

Lazza likes this.
  3. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Hi Muz J. Thanks for your feedback. I re-calibrated the wheel in Windows.
    I checked within LGS the G29 tab, and it allows FFB to be adjusted.
    I don't have any gaming controller installed but I have other games, RFactor and Project Cars but I have not even started these sim for ages.
    The switch is on PS4

No I have some FFB but I need to have the settings very high to feel it, I mean feeling curbs,
    The Car Specific is on 1
    FFB Smoothing 4
    Min Torque 12%

Looking at some forums these settings looks strange.

I thought it should okay with:
    Car Specific 0.7
    FFB Smoothing 7 or 8
    Min torque max 8
    With these settings I have almost 0 FFB.

Any clue?

4. muz_j

muz_j Registered

OK - that clarifies things then.
    Please be careful with your wording when posting, as when I read "no FFB" - I understand that to mean _zero_ force feedback.
    i.e. it's not working at all.

Reading your reply, my understanding is that you are using the 1st group of settings - not the settings you "thought it should be okay with".

My advice would be to start with known settings and then adjust one thing at a time.
    I recently posted my own settings in another thread, when someone else was trying to get a G920 working, so please refer to that - check the settings you are currently using against mine - try mine and then adjust as required.
    Check you haven't got spring centering enabled, as that's a classic Logitech setting that tends to have a negative effect on FFB.

G920 FFB Not working

Lastly - if you're trying to set basic things up like your wheel - you should stick to official content, rather than 3rd party stuff, as you want to rule out as many potential causes of issues as you can. Choose content that you're familiar with if possible or if not, choose something that you're at least comfortable driving (car & track).

See how you get on. Good luck.

5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Thank you for your feedback. To clarify, when I said no FFB it was indeed zero feedback. However, after removing all drivers, installing LGS again and calibrating the wheel in Windows 10, I got FFB, but not strong.
    I adjusted to your settings, like you I don't like to move the wheel too much so the 150% is perfect for me also.
    The only thing is that the wheel feels very light.
    I have now:
    Car specific: 1
    FFB Smoothing 3
    Torque 3

6. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

By the way should I adjust my .jason file? If yes, what are the parameters?

7. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

I try your settings and on the Logitech Software un-checked the Enabl2 Centering Spring.
    I have the following settings:
    Car Specific. 1
    FFB Smoothing 3
    Torque 7
    Control is good, just a little bit light but that not a problem.
    Thanks for all your help, you put me in the right direction.