FFB characteristics for certain cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlie Beckey, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Charlie Beckey

Charlie Beckey Registered

Hi all, I've recently purchased my first gaming PC (previously on console) and have been getting into RF 2 recently. To summarize, I'm blown away by the level of realism and physics in this game. Really glad I made the transition!

That being said, I've noticed certain FFB characteristics in the game that seem (to me) a little out of place. It might be completely realistic and how the car was intended to feel from the developers.

The issue is the difference in "weight" of the FFB under braking (specifically trail braking) vs acceleration out of a corner. For a given FFB strength, it's extremely difficult to add steering lock under braking, meanwhile accelerating out of a corner there is very little feedback. I notice this particularly on the studio 397 BMW M2 CS and Porsche 911 cup cars. I get there's a certain amount of weight transfer to the front tires under braking which would increase grip levels, FFB, etc. but it seems excessive.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That car has been known to create excessive ffb vibration under braking. Search these forums and you'll find several long threads. Generally try reducing pedal pressure in your setup and in the controllers bend the curve down so the initial braking force is reduced. Those other threads might have more specific help.

3. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Reduce car specific ffb multiplier. Its probably at 1.0X , I have it at 0.50X - 0.55X range. Depending on vehical.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

This, in RF2 each car need a FFB . There is a thing called FFB clipping, both from the software output and from your specific wheel. Reduce FFB multiplier to a value that let output remain into the range. 0.5 to 0.7 is what most people use. If low forces disappear, increase minimum FFB FFB torque.